LJH Digital Storm

DIY’S Christmas Ideas

Victoria Vancza, Staff Reporter

Don’t know what to do? These are ideas for Christmas that you and your children can make. Did you know that you can make a Christmas tree using a stick and ribbon, what about a colorful ornament? The items you will need to make a Christmas tree is one stick, different kinds of ribbon, and a little star. You will need to tie the ribbons to the stick and glue the star on the top, that’s all you need to do to get your very own Christmas tree.

What about a colorful ornament? You can hang your own ornament on your Christmas tree! You need a clear ornament, paint, sparkles, glitter anything small. The first step is to take the ornament and dip the ends in paint, after that you throw sparkles on it or glitter and you get your very own ornament.

Wanna make a fun way to countdown Christmas? There are 24 pockets and in each pocket they are filled with special treats. Each day your children can grab a special treat for that day. All you need is candy, ribbon, construction paper, colored pencils and glue. Take construction paper and fold it in half like a little pocket, make 24 little pockets, once you’re down you will need to glue the pockets on the contruction paper and put ribbons on the side, after your down you will need to take the colored pencils and write numbers on the bottom and you can put a christmas tree at the top of the pocket or a little snowflake.

14 Comments

14 Responses to “DIY’S Christmas Ideas”

1. Daniela on December 14th, 2015 10:25 am

I thought this article, is very interesting because it lets us be festive about the holidays by doing simple, easy and cool ideas.

2. Caitlin on December 14th, 2015 10:29 am

I like this article because it shows little things that you can do without having to go to the store and buy things. It is things that you have at home and you can make and decorate how you like it. I like how you introduced your topic and then talked about it. I really liked that you put more than one DIY project.

3. Nazareth on December 14th, 2015 10:31 am

These DIY ideas are really easy, and they seem fun. and this whole article was fun, and simple. Great ideas.

4. Griffin Nate on December 14th, 2015 11:13 am

I thought that you did a good job with the overall content of this article.

5. Anja on December 14th, 2015 1:34 pm

This article is well written, and it give a few fun and interesting DIY projects that families can do. Great job on this!

6. Tallulah Gault on December 14th, 2015 1:35 pm

This article is well written and festive. I’m going to have to try some of these D.I.Y.’s

7. Diego on December 14th, 2015 1:38 pm

These are great ideas that I will definitely have to try at home. The countdown is a very fun way I have been doing it every year.

8. Peter on December 14th, 2015 1:38 pm

I like all the different D.I.Y. ideas I’m glad this is on ljh digital storm website

9. Tyler Richey on December 14th, 2015 2:22 pm

This article is very cool! It’s interesting how creative a custom made ornament is. These idea’s will make christmas a lot better.

10. Mariana Solis on December 14th, 2015 2:24 pm

I liked this article because it was easy and you did not need a lot of items. Also, I thought the DIY’s were cool.

11. Kasady on December 14th, 2015 2:24 pm

I liked the article. I had no idea that you could make a tiny crafty christmas tree by just using a stick and some ribbons. The things that are used to make crafty objects and things is cool.

12. Natalie on December 14th, 2015 2:28 pm

This article if very cool an simple to do.

13. Blake Edwards on December 14th, 2015 2:38 pm

I like that it shows what you can do with small things you find around your house. I like it being descriptive, I really like the questions at the beginning that was done really well

14. Blake Edwards on December 14th, 2015 2:39 pm

I forgot the period. 🙁

Thank you for supporting LJH Digital Storm.

If you want a picture to show with your comment, go get a gravatar.

• DIY’S Christmas Ideas

DIY

Fuzzy Flip Flops!

• DIY’S Christmas Ideas

DIY

Making Homemade Paints!

• DIY’S Christmas Ideas

DIY

D.I.Y. Snowglobe!

• DIY’S Christmas Ideas

DIY

D.I.Y. Week 4!

• DIY

D.I.Y Week 5

• DIY

D.I.Y Days 4

• DIY’S Christmas Ideas

DIY

D.I.Y. Easy to Make Snacks Week 1

• DIY’S Christmas Ideas

DIY

D.I.Y. Week 2

• DIY’S Christmas Ideas

DIY

Clothespin Creatures

• DIY’S Christmas Ideas

DIY

Even More DIYs

Lincoln Junior High Student News Website
DIY’S Christmas Ideas