LJH Digital Storm

Even More DIYs

Ava LoMagro, Staff Reporter

Even More DIYs!

Let’s continue on finding more DIYs to help your Christmas celebrating! This time, let’s focus on cuti-fying your Christmas tree! Here are some ornament ideas that are really creative and easy to make.

Screen Shot 2015-12-14 at 9.55.11 AM

The first type of ornament is Nature Ornaments. To make them, you take glass ornaments and fill them with sprigs of holly, bayberry, and evergreens. This is what it would look like:

Screen Shot 2015-12-14 at 9.55.17 AM

Another one is a Pom-Pom Snowman Ornament. It is made of woolly white pom-poms, felt, and ribbon. All you do, is add a loop to the hat and this never-melting snowman becomes an ornament! This is the result:

Screen Shot 2015-12-14 at 9.55.32 AM

The next creative idea is Button Ornaments. To make them, you bend a pipe cleaner in half and twist once at the top for a loop. Then, you slide the buttons over pipe cleaner ends, you should use larger buttons for bellies and hat brims. When finished, twist the ends of the pipe cleaner to secure, and trim them. For the reindeer legs and antlers and Santa’s arms, bend 2-inch pieces of pipe cleaner in half, slip on between buttons, and twist. Glue on felt for Santa’s beard and the snowman’s nose. To hang the reindeer, loop a thread around its middle and tie. Now, you have your ButScreen Shot 2015-12-14 at 9.55.39 AMton Ornaments!

The final one that we have is the Ribbon Star Ornaments. You have to cut a length of ribbon ranging from 1/2 inch by 18 inches, 5/8 inch by 22 inches, 1 inch by 32 inches. Hold 1 end of the ribbon in your left hand, in between index finger and thumb, with the remainder of the ribbon pointing at a 45-degree angle toward index finger’s tip, wrap the ribbon over and around your index finger, creating an X-shaped loop. Slide out your finger, holding the loop securely. Tuck the opposite end of the ribbon through the loop, pulling to create a flat knot. Repeat 5 times, adjusting each new knot so its bottom left touches the bottom right of the previous. Trim the ribbon ends, leaving 1/4 to 1/2 inch at each side. Tuck each ribbon end into knot at the opposite end to complete the star, pulling gently to adjust; use a dab of glue to secure. Once your ribbon stars are completed, hang them from the tree. The ornaments will look like this:

I hope you enjoy making these Christmas ornaments! Have a Merry Christmas!

By: Ava LoMagro

Cites used:

• “DIY Christmas Ornament Projects.” Martha Stewart. N.p., 12 July 2011. Web. 09 Dec. 2015.

19 Comments

19 Responses to “Even More DIYs”

1. Aidan Rivera on December 14th, 2015 10:26 am

I like how specific you were about how to making the Ribbon Star Ornament. I really like these DIY activities. I think I might do one at home.

2. Kayley on December 14th, 2015 10:30 am

I like how you put some fun and creative things to do this Holiday season. I also like how you put pictures on what these creative things look like, and how to make them. It’s cool to see the crafty ideas that you can do with family over winter break.

3. Adrian cardona on December 14th, 2015 10:33 am

i think the article is so

4. Dominic Smith on December 14th, 2015 11:13 am

I like the pom pom snowman! It looks very creative!

5. Chloe on December 14th, 2015 11:14 am

Love these ideas, absolutely adorable! Since the instructions are so specific, I won’t have any trouble making these at home! Great job, Ava!! 🙂

6. Matt Janus on December 14th, 2015 11:15 am

Very creative ideas to make Christmas a fun time of the year.

7. Axton Berger on December 14th, 2015 11:17 am

Keep Doing these

8. Rose Sherwood on December 14th, 2015 11:22 am

Ava, Wow! You have done so much for LJH. You have done such incredible Job. KEEP IT UP!!!!!!

9. Grace on December 14th, 2015 12:48 pm

These crafts are always so cute! I really enjoy the layout of the article, and I appreciate the time you took to find these. Very creative ideas, and I look forward to trying them. 🙂

10. Brock Peters on December 14th, 2015 12:50 pm

I like how there is all these DIY things that people can do.I like the snow man one the most.

11. Rachelle on December 14th, 2015 1:38 pm

I enjoy these DIY’s very much, its very creative for the holidays. I must say, I really want to see more of these in the future, and perhaps even more ideas for next year? Anyways, I enjoy these designs very much, their quite cute and look fun to make for the holidays.

12. Tallulah Gault on December 14th, 2015 1:39 pm

This is a great article Ava. Personally my favorite D.I.Y. was the button ornaments! They are so cute and festive, would look great on a Christmas tree.

13. Zian Hansen on December 14th, 2015 2:22 pm

I love how easy these are. And with little to no effort at all your left with this adorable creation that will light up any tree.

14. Natalie on December 14th, 2015 2:26 pm

I like this article , its interesting to see how to make it by your self

15. Tyler Richey on December 14th, 2015 2:28 pm

I’m glad you added more DIY’s. The last one is super interesting and this one is amazing just like the last one. I would like if you made more.

16. Mariana Solis on December 14th, 2015 2:28 pm

I like the creative ideas and how easy the diy’s were. Also, I like how you added pictures to see how the diy’s look like.

17. Blake Edwards on December 14th, 2015 2:29 pm

These ideas were very creative. I like the Ribbon Star Ornaments, they had a creative and unique design. Liked the button ornaments too, they look hard to make, that’s fun for me. Overall I liked that you were very descriptive with every stage.

18. Adreonna Penrod on December 14th, 2015 2:29 pm

I really like all the cute and creative decorations, especially the nature one.

19. Skye on March 25th, 2016 8:59 am

I like really how you did these to make them look so much like a snowman. This was very creative. I really like how you did something for christmas.

Thank you for supporting LJH Digital Storm.

If you want a picture to show with your comment, go get a gravatar.

• Even More DIYs

DIY

Fuzzy Flip Flops!

• Even More DIYs

DIY

Making Homemade Paints!

• Even More DIYs

DIY

D.I.Y. Snowglobe!

• Even More DIYs

DIY

D.I.Y. Week 4!

• DIY

D.I.Y Week 5

• DIY

D.I.Y Days 4

• Even More DIYs

DIY

D.I.Y. Easy to Make Snacks Week 1

• Even More DIYs

DIY

D.I.Y. Week 2

• Even More DIYs

DIY

Clothespin Creatures

• Even More DIYs

DIY

DIY’S Christmas Ideas

Lincoln Junior High Student News Website
Even More DIYs