LJH Digital Storm

Book Nook Week 4!

Skye Allen

Hello and welcome back to the Book Nook.  Last week I reviewed Savvy If you haven’t already you can check that out as well.  This week I have another amazing book for you.

Book 4- The Fault In our Stars

Published: January 10, 2012

Lexile: 850

Written by: John Green

This story is about a girl named Hazel Grace. She is like any other ordinary girl except that she is battling cancer.  She is  going on an adventure of her own through this inspiring book.  Hazel’s life has been consumed by cancer and support groups, that her mom makes her go to, until she meets Augustus Waters, that is.  Augustus also has cancer, but despite his bite from cancer, he drags Hazel out of depression with his positive attitude. Hazel and Augustus go through a lot together and are there for each other through everything.  Everything seems to be turning around for Hazel until….Pick up this book to find out how this story ends.

This book really opened my eyes and gave me more knowledge of cancer. This book showed me what cancer is and how it can affect someone’s life.         You can get really attached to the characters and can connect with how they feel.  The author did great a great job writing this and you can imagine yourself in the story with the characters.

13 Comments

13 Responses to “Book Nook Week 4!”

1. Carrie Norris on February 9th, 2016 9:20 am

I like how you gave your opinion on how the book has changed your life. I also like how you ended the book review with a cliff hanger. If the anyone wanted to find out what happens, they will have to read the book.

2. Grace on February 9th, 2016 10:03 am

Very fine job summarizing. Also, good job explaining how this book affected you. Overall a very nice overview. ^_^

3. Alivia Simpson on February 9th, 2016 10:48 am

Good job I like how you spoke you mind about if we would like the book and why. I like how you gave some information about the author and how he made a impact on the book. From how you explained it I think it would be awesome to read this book.. Hopefully I can read this book sometime

4. Maddi Morris on February 9th, 2016 10:50 am

I love this book! I read it and seen the movie over and over.Sky you did an awesome job describing The Fault In Our Stars review.I like it when you explain how these books effects you.

5. Bryan Mullins on February 9th, 2016 12:46 pm

You did a really good job summarizing the book, and your imagery is also great. Good job.

6. Libby on February 9th, 2016 2:25 pm

I like how you included that the book made you open your eyes. I also like how you give your opinion and how you encourage us to find out how the book ends.

7. Abbigail Nemeth on February 9th, 2016 2:26 pm

This is one of the best summary’s for this book I have read. It makes me want to read the book all over again. Good job!

8. Shelby Ankney on February 9th, 2016 2:29 pm

I like how you went straight into the book and didn’t write little things to mess around with it and stuff and you went to the book.I like how you summarized the story but you didn’t give everything away so it will make people want to read the book.I like how you explained and were very specific.I like how you gave very vivid detail.

9. Jennifer on February 18th, 2016 9:12 am

I loved that you gave your own opinion about the book. The fact that you had a cliffhanger made me want to find out more. This will now be the second review that I’ve read of yours, and I have to say I am amazed. Thank you for all you hard work. Keep on doing a great job!

10. Kendra Howard on February 18th, 2016 9:56 am

I really want to read The Fault in Our Stars, but I am afraid I will cry, It seems like the kind of thing to make me cry. But, I defiantly will read it, thanks for the review!

11. Caden Grove on February 18th, 2016 10:05 am

Although I have never read this book I have watched the movie. I feel that if someone were to read this summary about what the book is about that it would draw attention to people and have them read it also. T’was very detailed.

12. Kylie O'Bryant on February 18th, 2016 10:06 am

I love this book! Great choice. This summary was amazing. I’m so glad you chose this book. I have already read this book and it’s amazing. If I hadn’t of read it already, I would have read if after this. Thanks for writing about this. Good job!

13. Kaylen Andrzejewski on March 7th, 2016 11:33 am

Thanks for your summary, it makes me want to go home and read it now, or watch the movie.

Thank you for supporting LJH Digital Storm.

If you want a picture to show with your comment, go get a gravatar.

• Book Nook Week 4!

Book Nook

Author of the Week: Ally Carter

• Book Nook Week 4!

Book Nook

Book Nook – Girls in Pieces

• Book Nook Week 4!

Book Nook

Author of the Week: Marissa Meyer

• Book Nook Week 4!

Book Nook

Book Nook- Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children

• Book Nook Week 4!

Book Nook

Book Nook 11- Epic

• Book Nook Week 4!

Book Nook

Book Nook 10! – Cinder

• Book Nook

Book Nook 9-Slated

• Book Nook Week 4!

Book Nook

Book Nook 8- If I Stay

• Book Nook Week 4!

Book Nook

Book Nook 7- Wonder

• Book Nook Week 4!

Book Nook

Book Nook Week 6!

Lincoln Junior High Student News Website
Book Nook Week 4!