LJH Digital Storm

Book Nook 7- Wonder

Skye Allen, Interviewer/Reporter

Book Nook 7- Wonder

Hi, and welcome back to the Book Nook. Last week, I reviewed Divergent, if you want to check that out. This week, I am going to do Wonder.

Book 7-Wonder

Published: 2012

Lexile:790

Written by: R.J. Palacio

Have you ever been judged by how you look or judged others by how they look? August Pullman has a facial deformity. He has always been homeschooled because of surgeries and doctor appointments. This year is different for him. He is finally going to a private school! He might be excited about it if it was only his choice. Fifth graders are not always nice. August realizes this as he gets into school. Now it is more than just stares that he gets. He now has problems with bullies. August wants to give up and go home but will he….? Pick up the book and find out now.

My review-

I really liked Wonder because there are not many people who can create a character that is like August. August may of had something wrong with his face, but there was nothing wrong with him. The author took the time to consider what August would be going through and made it real.

Critic’s review-

By: Amazon Best Books of the Month for Kids, February 2012

“Wonder is a rare gem of a novel–beautifully written and populated by characters who linger in your memory and heart.

By:Rachel Hochberg, Children’s Book World
“You’ll laugh out loud and cry joyful tears following Auggie. This is one of the most moving and purely uplifting books I’ve read in a long while.”

Bibliography-

Web Hosting by FatCow. Praise for Wonder. Web.,<http://rjpalacio.com/book.html>.

9 Comments

9 Responses to “Book Nook 7- Wonder”

1. Sydney Morrow on March 10th, 2016 10:01 am

I really liked your review!! I liked how you didn’t give away anything! I really enjoyed this book.

2. Harlie on March 10th, 2016 10:51 am

really liked your review Skye! Wonder is an amazing book that everyone should read and hear about. Keep up the good Work!

3. Dominic Smith on March 10th, 2016 1:34 pm

I liked how you didn’t give anything away! I really enjoyed reading this book!

4. Joshua Watson on March 10th, 2016 1:40 pm

I’ve read this book and you have in fact given an accurate description of the book and you managed to leave on a cliffhanger which will only persuade people to go read it even more. I think that you could include some of the negative reviews to create a non-biased article.

5. Skye on March 11th, 2016 9:07 am

I was looking through the critics reviews and I did not really find negative reviews. Next time I will try to look better though that way it is not biased. Thank you very much for your help!

6. Alyssa Gritton on March 10th, 2016 1:43 pm

And this book is like something I would want to read.

7. Naomi Dorantes on March 10th, 2016 1:46 pm

I personally love this book and I’m glad that you reviewed it. I really liked how you didn’t just add your own opinion on the book, but the critics opinion as well. I also liked how you included a bibliography. I like that you added a lexile to this book. I love how you summarized the book so that you can reel people in and make them want to read it. This book is definitely amazing and is worth reading.

8. Shelby Ankney on March 10th, 2016 2:25 pm

I have read this book and the description was very accurate so I like how you did that.I like the book you choose also.I liked how u gave detail but then again u didn’t give everything about the book away.

9. Laci Zehner on March 10th, 2016 2:32 pm

I like how you included the date the book came out. I also like how you put the lexile at the top.I also like how you put your review and a top summery to, to get people to read the book.

Thank you for supporting LJH Digital Storm.

If you want a picture to show with your comment, go get a gravatar.

• Book Nook 7- Wonder

Book Nook

Author of the Week: Ally Carter

• Book Nook 7- Wonder

Book Nook

Book Nook – Girls in Pieces

• Book Nook 7- Wonder

Book Nook

Author of the Week: Marissa Meyer

• Book Nook 7- Wonder

Book Nook

Book Nook- Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children

• Book Nook 7- Wonder

Book Nook

Book Nook 11- Epic

• Book Nook 7- Wonder

Book Nook

Book Nook 10! – Cinder

• Book Nook

Book Nook 9-Slated

• Book Nook 7- Wonder

Book Nook

Book Nook 8- If I Stay

• Book Nook 7- Wonder

Book Nook

Book Nook Week 6!

• Book Nook 7- Wonder

Book Nook

Book Nook Week 5

Lincoln Junior High Student News Website
Book Nook 7- Wonder