LJH Digital Storm

Book Nook 8- If I Stay

Skye Allen, Reporter/Interviewer

Book Nook 8- If I Stay

Screen Shot 2016-03-16 at 9.53.41 AM

Hi and welcome back to the Book Nook. The last book I did was Wonder, and if you want to read my review on it, it will be under Book Nook at the home page. This week, I’ll be doing a book review on If I Stay

Book 8-If I stay

Published: 2010

Lexile: 830

Written By: Gayle Forman

Mia is different than her family. Her family likes rock music, they play guitars, and they join bands. Mia plays the cello and likes to play classical music. Mia has never really fit in, even her boyfriend is in a famous rock band.  Her family decides to take a road trip and everything is fine until something horrible happens. Now it is up to Mia to make a choice, but how can she possibly decide after what happened? Pick up this book to see what happened and what she choose.

My review-

I thought this book was really thought out and was a great book. This book can teach people how to deal with loss and grief in many ways. The author created a character that had a great personality, big dreams, and also had insecurities.  Gayle Forman did a great job on this book, though it had it’s flaws I liked this book.

Critic reviews-

Written byAGbookworm
January 13, 2011

This book is a really good story. I think it sends the message that you should never give up on your dreams. Mia is a good role model because she is brave and a diligent worker when it comes to Cello.

By-Summer

Quite often, I found the story to be a bit… messy. It constantly jumped from one thing to another, much to my irritation. To sum the book up, If I Stay was just a jumbled mess of memories, lacking one necessary ingredient: cohesiveness.

Bibliography

“If I Stay.” GoodReads. Goodreads Inc, Web. 1 Jan. <http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/4374400-if-i-stay>.

Common Sense Media . Common Sense Media Inc., Web. 1 Jan. <https://www.commonsensemedia.org/book-reviews/if-i-stay#>.

4 Comments

4 Responses to “Book Nook 8- If I Stay”

1. Carrie on March 17th, 2016 9:12 am

Keep up the good work Sky. I like how you add your own reviews and what your own personal opinion. I also like how you added critic reviews and what their own opinions were about the book. I also like how you added a bibliography on what websites you used.

2. Makayla Wilson on March 17th, 2016 10:45 am

Keep up the terrific article reviews! I like how you added your personal review along with other reviews from other sources, so we get many different reviews. Adding a bibliography was a nice touch to your article! I am really glad that you are writing reviews about all of the books you read and suggesting books for others to read. I look forward every week to read your review! Great job!

3. Riley Montgomery on March 17th, 2016 2:31 pm

You did a great job at writing this review. You were very detailed with your writing and very descriptive. GREAT JOB!!!

4. Shelby Ankney on March 25th, 2016 1:31 pm

You did a great job at writing this review.You were very detailed but not to detailed to give it away.You were also very descriptive.

Thank you for supporting LJH Digital Storm.

If you want a picture to show with your comment, go get a gravatar.

• Book Nook 8- If I Stay

Book Nook

Author of the Week: Ally Carter

• Book Nook 8- If I Stay

Book Nook

Book Nook – Girls in Pieces

• Book Nook 8- If I Stay

Book Nook

Author of the Week: Marissa Meyer

• Book Nook 8- If I Stay

Book Nook

Book Nook- Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children

• Book Nook 8- If I Stay

Book Nook

Book Nook 11- Epic

• Book Nook 8- If I Stay

Book Nook

Book Nook 10! – Cinder

• Book Nook

Book Nook 9-Slated

• Book Nook 8- If I Stay

Book Nook

Book Nook 7- Wonder

• Book Nook 8- If I Stay

Book Nook

Book Nook Week 6!

• Book Nook 8- If I Stay

Book Nook

Book Nook Week 5

Lincoln Junior High Student News Website
Book Nook 8- If I Stay