LJH Digital Storm

Book Nook 9-Slated

Skye Allen, Interviewer/Reporter

Book Nook 9!- Slated

Hello and welcome back to the Book Nook. Last time I did If I stay; If you want to read that. Today my review is on a book called Slated.

.Book 9-Slated

Published:2012

Lexile: 530

By:Teri Terry

Have you ever wondered what it would feel like to have your memory erased. If you lived in Kylas world you might know. The government decided that instead of getting a punishment like jail, if you are under 16 and did something to deserve jail, they would give you a clean slate. The government found a way to do so. Slating was invented by Dr. Lysander. Slating erases your memory so the government has to raise you all over again before giving you to your new family.

Kyla was slated, but she is different than the other slateds she is not all smiles and laughs. She is curious about things she is not supposed be curious about. Slateds cannot get their memories back, but Kyla might be different there to. Kyla is having dreams and nightmares, but could they be something more than just dreams…? Pick up the book to find out.  

My Opinion

Slated was an amazing book that I read more than once. The author really made the story real and I loved that. The characters all seemed to have realistic personalities. Teri Terry did a really great job on this book.

Critic Opinion

By:Cora

This book left a lot of questions unanswered, but it is the first in a trilogy and rather than being frustrated I’m just itching for the next one. I can’t wait to read on. Because just enough was answered to keep you reading on and not just throw the book down.

That was the first critic opinion by Cora. I have one more critical opinion down below

By:Emily May

“This is a good dystopia with a not great heroine who does a few things that don’t make sense to me.”

Bibliography

“Slated (Slated #1).” GOODREADS. <http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/12743472-slated>.