LJH Digital Storm

Book Nook 10! – Cinder

Skye Allen, Staff Reporter

Hi and welcome back to the Book Nook. Last week I reviewed Slated if you want to read about that.

Book-Cinder

Lexile-790

Published-2013

By- Marissa Meyer

If the world wasn’t dealing with enough already ( There is a plague killing many people quickly on earth ) the Lunar people ( A race that lives on the moon ) is threatening war over earth. The king is sick and the everything is left on Prince Kai’s shoulders.

Cinder has been living a hard life with her two stepsisters and her step- mother.  She has been living this life since she got adopted, after the surgery that let her live, and made her cyborg. Cinder is a mechanic, one of the best there is, but the less people who know why the better. She does not let many people know about her being a cyborg, because people cannot accept that she is different.

Since  is a cyborg her step-mother treats her like a machine that she owns and controls, which by law she does. Cinder has no freedom with her step-mother around, everything Cinder is and owns belongs to her step-mother. Cinder does not remember who she was before the surgery that made her the way she is now. She was told about her past, but is it really true…? Just when Cinder thinks that her life couldn’t get any worse something happens. Could this horrible event lead her to her true past…? or is the story she was told really true…?  Pick up this book to reveal the truth to her story.

My Opinion

I like the view of the future in this book, how the author made a future where earth may be at peace with each other, but other dangers are laid out. Overall the author made a really good book that had a lot of creativity put into it. Though I loved this book I did think it was predictable and I had figured the book out before the end. You might not think this though and I encourage you to try and read this book.

Critic opinion

By:Evie Seo

Ridiculously well-written, taut, original, deeply emotional and gorgeously mesmerizing, it’s the definition of a page-turner.

By: Christina

I wasn’t surprised by the big reveal, because hints were placed early on, but Overall, a terrific and unusual retelling of the Cinderella story in futuristic China– well written with wonderful characters. Meyer is an author to watch.

6 Comments

6 Responses to “Book Nook 10! – Cinder”

1. Matt Janus on April 15th, 2016 9:57 am

I really enjoyed how you told us about Cinder. You can really tell you did your research. I like how you wrote it. Awesome work!

2. Vanessa Garcia on April 15th, 2016 10:01 am

Good Job!!! That was really good. I want to read that book now it looks interesting to read. Keep up the good work!!

3. Quincey Hess on April 15th, 2016 10:09 am

Something I notice in articles ,especially book reviews, is the focus of praise and avoidance on critiquing. It’s habit that a lot of writers get into in the hopes of seeming positive, but it often misleads the reader. You actually critiqued this book, which shows that you’re more concerned with sharing your opinion rather than pleasing your reader (which is a good thing in my opinion).

4. Kasady on April 15th, 2016 1:05 pm

I like how you write what you think of the book yourself. Along with your articles about interesting books Also I’ve actually read Cinder, and I would agree. And yeah that’s really all, keep up the good work. 🙂

5. Katie Machlan on April 15th, 2016 2:27 pm

I like how you included enough information about the book to make it so people can tell if they would be interested in the book. However you didn’t give enough information away to spoil the book so no one wanted to read it because they already knew what had happened. It’s great that you included your opinion so students can see the book through someone their age’s perspective instead of only adults opinions.

6. Rachel beers on February 21st, 2017 2:35 pm

My sister REALLY loves the book series a lot!

Thank you for supporting LJH Digital Storm.

If you want a picture to show with your comment, go get a gravatar.

• Book Nook 10! – Cinder

Book Nook

Author of the Week: Ally Carter

• Book Nook 10! – Cinder

Book Nook

Book Nook – Girls in Pieces

• Book Nook 10! – Cinder

Book Nook

Author of the Week: Marissa Meyer

• Book Nook 10! – Cinder

Book Nook

Book Nook- Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children

• Book Nook 10! – Cinder

Book Nook

Book Nook 11- Epic

• Book Nook

Book Nook 9-Slated

• Book Nook 10! – Cinder

Book Nook

Book Nook 8- If I Stay

• Book Nook 10! – Cinder

Book Nook

Book Nook 7- Wonder

• Book Nook 10! – Cinder

Book Nook

Book Nook Week 6!

• Book Nook 10! – Cinder

Book Nook

Book Nook Week 5

Lincoln Junior High Student News Website
Book Nook 10! – Cinder