@TEAMLJHS Parent Newsletter 8.12.16

Reid Gault, Principal

@TEAMLJHS Parent Newsletter 8.12.16

A Note from the Principal:  

We are off to a great start to the school year at Lincoln.  Our new 7th graders are getting used to their schedules and passing from class to class. Our 8th graders are being challenged academically in preparation for the high school next year. All students are getting adjusted to our 60 minute class periods. Our teachers are working hard to meet students where they are and help all students learn at high levels. During this first week students have learned about our expectations throughout the school and in each class and I am pleased to say that students are working hard to meet these expectations. I am proud of the hard work that our teachers have put into the start of school to lay the foundation for a great school year.

As we look ahead to the next few weeks, all students will be participating in the MAP assessment later in August. MAP stands for Measure of Academic Progress. This assessment will help teachers meet each student where they are academically and help them build on their identified weaknesses as well as build on their strengths.

Lastly, I encourage parents to visit Lincoln anytime to learn what their students are doing. Parents are always welcome to visit classrooms and contact the school with their questions.  NOW, FOR THE REST OF THE STORY.  COMPLETE NEWSLETTER LINK

Have a great weekend!

Mr. Gault