LJH Digital Storm

LJH DIGITAL STORM FILM FESTIVAL- Winter 2016

Back to Article
Back to Article

LJH DIGITAL STORM FILM FESTIVAL

WEDNESDAY, DECEMBER 14, 2016

The first annual LJH Digital Storm Film Festival was held Wednesday, December 14, at 6:00 in the LJH auditorium.  Six films were presented, which were written, produced, and edited by Mass Media II students at Lincoln Junior High during the past two months.  Not only were films recognized for excellence during the evening, but the films have also been entered into the Student Television Network Film Excellence competition; the winners will be announced in March at the national convention in Anaheim, Ca.  

Films were judged and critiqued on film guidelines set by the Student Television Network including:  Camera/Direction, Lighting, Audio, Natural Sound, Editing, Human Interest, Storytelling/Script, Creativity, Complexity, Graphics/Effects, and Acting.

After a brief introduction to the festival, each of the films were presented, as well as the students themselves, followed by an award ceremony.  All of the films, trailers, and promotional digital posters can be viewed at www.LJHdigitalstorm.com.  The next film festival is scheduled for the spring of 2017.

During the award ceremony, trophies were handed out in the following categories to the corresponding films and students:

In the Hallway:  BEST FILM; BEST FILM EDITING

Featuring:  Viktoria Vancza, Alivia Simpson, and Allissa Hartman

Piece By Piece:  BEST CINEMATOGRAPHY; BEST ACTRESS- KALEIGH KEPHART

Featuring:  Emma Janda, Tallulah Gault, Madison Stiles, Olivia Horvath, Jenna Abberger, Kaleigh Kephart

Special appearances by:  Mr. Singleton, Mrs. Corbett, and Mrs. Barron

Two in One:  BEST SOUND EDITING; BEST SUPPORTING ACTOR- AUSTIN KIZER

Featuring:  Austin Kizer, Brenna Large, Grace Hinderlider, Ana Aguilar, Naomi Dorantes, and Kylee Colindres

The Escaped:  BEST ACTOR- DREW HARRELL

Featuring:  Daniel Bacon, Drew Harrell, Diego Martinez, Cei Bowen, and Hayden Hopple

The Presence:  BEST VISUAL EFFECTS

Featuring:  Owen Blanchard, Cristian Quintana, Tyler Richey, and Erik Nunez

Not As It Seems:  BEST SUPPORTING ACTRESS- KYLEE DALTON

Featuring:  Kendra Howard, Kylee Dalton, Harlie Mast, and Gabrielle Garza

96 Comments

96 Responses to “LJH DIGITAL STORM FILM FESTIVAL- Winter 2016”

1. Daniel on December 19th, 2016 9:44 am

In the Hallway. I thought that in the hallway had some great angles. The close ups of the phone and many other stuff was how there was great angles. And I like how you guys made it look good.

2. Daniel on December 19th, 2016 9:46 am

Piece by Piece. I liked how you guys edited your films. I liked how when it was supposed to be sad you made it black and white. Like when she got an F on the test the screen turned black and white. Also, the shots you guys had and the flashback.

3. Daniel on December 19th, 2016 9:51 am

The Presence. I liked how you had like a point of view of the monster. And made noises to make it seem like it was his point of view. Also, I liked how you had people acting weird to build up the hype. And the ending was cool and scary with the stomping.

4. Daniel on December 19th, 2016 9:53 am

Not as it seems. I liked how diamond left clues and those people found out. And once the people found out diamond took control and killed them. It kinda made it seem kind of real with the clues and the flashback.

5. Drew Harrell on December 19th, 2016 10:46 am

For the movie in the hallway I really like the shots they took and the music they had to back it up. At the beginning of the movie they had some calm music playing before they went to Alivia sitting at the tree, For the shots they took I liked when they showed Alivia’s kicks.

For Piece by Piece I liked how creative they were and tried some new things. Most of all there film was quite besides a few speaking parts. But with that I was able to follow the movie the whole time. My favorite shot was when the phone was placed in the cabinet

In the movie two in one, I really loved the shots they took and how they led up to the problem very well. I think they had goo ideas that didn’t come out quite as clear as they had hoped. The shots they took really made the movie Like when they showed Naomi. In that seen it had made it seem as if Naomi was the killer.

The presence had some great visuals that helped to make the movie. I liked when Erik would actually carry the camera in his hand. I felt like that little adjustment to there scary movie had ended up making a huge difference.

In Not as it seems I liked how they pretty well got to the point. I liked how we knew who the killer was but they had the extra clues to lead us on as well as the characters.

I thought the Escaped crew was great and I felt that they were gonna win the best film award. Even though they didn’t I still feel it was the best film.

6. Emma Janda on December 19th, 2016 11:43 am

In The Hallway: I love all of the different shots that you had throughout your film. Your film told a great story about bullying and friendship. My favorite shot in your film was the close-up on Alivia’s face. That really added a dramatic effect on the film.

Two in One: The intro to your film looks so professional and really adds the overall film. Your film was very cute and funny. I especially like the part in the film when Ana slaps Brenna at the beginning and says something regarding to snap out of it.

The Escaped: Your film was hilarious! I really liked all the music that played during the film. My favorite parts were at the end when you killed Pablo, when you guys raced off at the end, and when you guys are deciding to either save Diego or find Pablo. Overall, I really enjoyed your film.

The Presence: I liked that you guys held the camera in the film, just like a documentary would have. That really made the film seem more realistic. I also liked the shot that you had at the end of the film when the ghost’s feet were showing and he was stomping. Another part I liked was at the beginning when you were all talking in the cafeteria, and you could hear the ghost’s breath.

Not As It Seems: I liked how in this film you guys did something different. The whole shoe thing was very creative. One part that I feel stood out to me was when you guys were all sitting down and Harlie was deep in thought. I liked this part of the film because it was very dramatic and was put together well.

7. Emma Janda on December 19th, 2016 11:46 am

***The intro to your film looks so professional and really adds to the overall film

8. Emma Janda on December 19th, 2016 11:47 am

****The intro to your film looks so professional and really adds to the overall film.

9. Austin Kizer on December 19th, 2016 5:29 pm

Thank you, Emma. That really warms my heart to read you say that!

10. Hayden on December 19th, 2016 11:59 am

In the Hallway: I liked your editing skills. I like your moral to the film. I liked your actresses.
    Piece by Piece: I liked your camera angles. I liked your special affects. I liked your music.
    Two in One: I liked your sound editing. I liked your place of filming. I liked your actors. I liked the close ups.
    The Presence: I liked the visual effects. I liked the actors. I liked the camera angles.
    Not as it Seems: I liked how she took the shoes off her victims. I liked how the film had different camera angles. I liked your sound effects.

11. Brenna L. on December 19th, 2016 12:02 pm

‘In the Hallway’ I loved how you used the interrogation to add to your movie. It helped you understand why she was getting bullied. In ‘Piece by Piece’ I loved how you had the dramatic use of black and white during your movie. In ‘The Escaped’ I loved the music that was playing throughout the movie. And, in ‘Not as it Seems’ I loved how Diamond’s murder mark was their shoes. I felt that it was really creative.

12. Emma Janda on December 19th, 2016 4:49 pm

I forgot about the interrogation part of their film; that part definitely was very creative and helped to better understand the storyline.

13. Jenna on December 19th, 2016 12:49 pm

I like the film “Not as it seems”, because it includes a mystery in the film. Also you had many different shots that were taken from different angles. This film also has different personalities that appear in the people such as Diamond.

14. Owen Blanchard on December 19th, 2016 1:05 pm

I really like all the camera shots that you guys had in the movie, “IN THE HALLWAY”. I also liked that you used many different filters that you added when you had a flashback or when your movie skipped ahead in time.

15. Owen Blanchard on December 19th, 2016 1:09 pm

The movie piece by peace had a lot of good camera shots. I also liked that you used different filters when you showed anger in you film or other emotions. The movie also made sense.

16. Allissa Hartman on December 19th, 2016 1:13 pm

Piece by Piece- I loved your ending! I thought that your film was very well put together, and struck real emotion.

Two In One- I thought that your film had a great message. Although I didn’t understand the true message at the beginning, but I thought you ended the movie very well.

The Escaped- I loved your film! I thought it was quite comical! I also thought you did a great job with the actual filming part, you kept the camera very steady and had great angles! Keep up the good work!

The Presence- I thought your guys’ audio was great! I thought it was good, giving the point of the film. I loved your angles, and just the point of your film in general.

Not As It Seems- I loved your film! I thought it was very well thought out, and was very complex. I thought it had a great story line, and had great camera angles.

17. Emma Janda on December 19th, 2016 4:57 pm

Thank you, Allissa!

18. Owen Blanchard on December 19th, 2016 1:14 pm

The movie two in one had a lot of moments were it was pretty funny. It had a really good story line and it made sense. The way that the movie was set out made it seem serious and it also had some funny moments

19. Austin Kizer on December 19th, 2016 5:30 pm

Thank you Owen, and it pleases me very much to know that it made sense to you!

20. Owen Blanchard on December 19th, 2016 1:25 pm

The movie the escaped was very funny and was edited very nice. I thought it had a great story line and was again very funny. The whole movie was terrific.

21. Owen Blanchard on December 19th, 2016 1:26 pm

I thought the movie not as it seems was good idea as a film. If had some suspense and it was edited nicely.

22. Jenna on December 19th, 2016 1:29 pm

The film “The Presence” was a great film because it was suspenseful. I wanted to keep watching to see what was going to happen. This film was funny and frightening at the same time.

23. Jenna on December 19th, 2016 1:54 pm

The film “The Escaped” was really funny and I enjoyed watching it. It had many different varieties of shots and angles. My opinion about the best scene is when they run over Pablo.

24. Tyler Richey on December 19th, 2016 1:58 pm

I liked the film, In the Hallway, mainly because of the camera angles and the background music. I also liked ,Two In One, because of the sound editing. It fit well with the whole story. The last film I also intended to like was the Escaped because it was hilarious, entertaining, and the peaceful background.

25. Jenna on December 19th, 2016 2:18 pm

I enjoyed the film “Two in One”, because it wasn’t like the other films. This film was interesting and had an adventure to it. Some special effects were in this film in the flashbacks. I like this film a lot because it’s really engaging.

26. Jenna on December 19th, 2016 2:29 pm

The film “In the Hallway” was a good film because it had different shots on the phone. Also at the dark or deep moments it had black and white colors. I also liked how they all became friends at the end.

27. Emma Janda on December 19th, 2016 4:56 pm

I’d have to agree with you on the phone shot. That part was really cool and definitely added to the movie.

28. Kaleigh on December 19th, 2016 2:43 pm

In The Hallway: I liked your use of cinematography and how you took advantage of the angles and I also enjoyed your music.
    Two In One: I loved your flashback and yet again I loved your use of camera angles. Also in the beginning of the movie I liked how you did the little intro.
    The escaped: I liked how you guys showed the tv show and how you guys used the golf-cart.
    The Presence: Your visual effects were really cool like how you made the movie look like the Blair Witch Project looked.
    Not As It Seems: I liked how you used the shoe to figure out who killed the girl. I also thought it was cool how you used the note.

29. Tallulah Gault on December 19th, 2016 2:54 pm

In the hallway- I really loved your shots. The clock one and the phone ones are my favorite. Really good job!

Two in one- The opening credits were super cool. I also liked when the all got their notes. Super clever, loved it.

The escaped – I think that the music was good. It is cool how you made it yourself. I also liked how you filmed somewhere other than just the school.

The presence- I think that it is awesome how you filmed in a different style than the other groups. I thought it was clever how the ghost was in that photo. Over all pretty good.

Not as it seemes- The music you picked really went well with the clips. For example, the suspenseful music during the suspenseful parts. It really made the move even better.

30. Kaleigh on December 20th, 2016 1:04 pm

I would like to agree with you Tallulah Gault.

31. Austin Kizer on December 19th, 2016 3:22 pm

In the Hallway:
    Great job ladies! You guys really deserved the best editing award. For example, the part where Alivia was flashing back, I thought that that was a really proud editing moment. Very nicely done!

Piece By Piece:
    Fantastic job ladies! I loved the variety of camera angles. I thought that the wide variety really impacted your film. My favorite angle had to be when the camera was inside the cupboard, that was very nicely done. You guys clearly deserved the best cinematography award. And congratulations Kaleigh on getting best actress!

The Escaped:
    Guys, there are like, no words to describe your film. It was just so stinking hilarious! And it wasn’t lacking in plot either, for I liked the whole hunting-something-down-that’s-hunting-you-back thing you guys had going on, for Diego died when you guys were hunting down Pablo. And Drew’s performance clearly deserved best actor. Very nicely done guys!

The Presence:
    Dudes, you guys did amazingly! You guys seriously had me shivering in my seat, and that was the third time that I’d seen it! That one part where the ghost made Erik fall to the ground was super creepy. Very nicely done, and congratulations on the best visual effects award!

Not As It Seems:
    Ladies, this was amazing! I loved how it was kind of mysterious, creepy, and funny all at once! Like when Gabby died, that was awesome. The expression on her face was hilarious, the blackout with the scream made me think “What in the world is going on,” and then Kendra is walking away holding one of her shoes. It brings shivers to my spine just thinking about it. And Kylee’s performance was clearly deserving of an award. Very nicely done, and although we’ll probably never do this again, keep up the good work!

32. Tyler Richey on December 20th, 2016 10:36 am

Thanks for the positive feedback Austin, I appreciate it.

33. Madison Stiles on December 19th, 2016 4:25 pm

In the Hallway:
    This film was made very professionally. I really liked how you guys had lots of unique camera shots that most other groups didn’t think to use. I also liked how you guys did the interviews to add onto the plot of the story. Overall, you could tell this film had a lot of thought and effort put into it.

Two in One
    The plot of your movie was really interesting. I thought the multiple personality disorder Brenna had was really interesting that no one’s ever really thought of. I also really liked the introduction to your film, it makes it seem like a fun sitcom, to throw watchers off of what really happens.

The Escaped
    This was my favorite film of the whole festival. The plot was modern and well updated with the current events happening in the world. I also really liked the soundtrack, as it was made personally by your group.

The Presence
    I really liked how you guys showed multiple perspectives in your film. For example, when some of you were in the cafeteria talking, there was heavy breathing around the corner, foreshadowing that their was a ghost. I also liked the ending, when the ghost screamed into the camera, as it tied the whole movie together.

Not As It Seems
    Your film did a great job of utilizing all the skills we’ve learned in Mass Media. Multiple different camera shots were used as well as sound effect that added on to the overall quality of the film. The plot was interesting and definitely kept people watching.

34. Emma Janda on December 19th, 2016 4:53 pm

I would have to agree with you on Not As It Seems. The film definitely kept the watcher very intrigued, especially with the whole shoe thing.

35. Austin Kizer on December 19th, 2016 5:31 pm

Thank you Madison! I am very happy that you liked the film.

36. Alivia Simpson on December 19th, 2016 4:28 pm

The movie Piece by Piece was put in a very good way to show parents how much it affects the children when they argue all the time and it shows your friends how it affects the school life. Other than that, I think you girls all did a every good job on the different angles in the movie.

37. Alivia Simpson on December 19th, 2016 4:31 pm

In the movie Two in One. I think you all did a great job editing and the flashback at the end showed a every good example of how remembered it.

38. Austin Kizer on December 19th, 2016 5:31 pm

Thanks Alivia, and you too!

39. Alivia Simpson on December 19th, 2016 4:33 pm

The Escaped, was very funny and I like how you all filmed it in the woods and had the news involved so the people viewing the movie would understand how it all happened. I really liked how you guys made your own music.

40. Alivia Simpson on December 19th, 2016 4:36 pm

The Presence, this was my favorite one out of all the films. You guys did a very good job of having a back ground story about where the ghost was coming from. The picture you showed with the ghost in the back ground was very created. The camera angle you had it it was pretty good too.

41. Alivia Simpson on December 19th, 2016 4:38 pm

Not as it Seems, it a pretty good film. I think it showed a lot of jealously because of the girl killing the person because she stole her from her friend. I loved the idea at the end of the killer holding the shoes at the end. Very creative…

42. Kylee Dalton on December 20th, 2016 10:46 am

Thank you Alivia! I enjoyed your film. (Creds to you for the idea at the end)

43. Grace Hinderlider on December 19th, 2016 6:32 pm

In the Hallway- I really liked all of the angles in your film. I liked the interviews, they helped me understand why she was getting bullied. Good job, you had a great film!

Piece by Piece- I loved your film. You had a lot of good camera angles. I also liked the flashbacks in the movie. It made the movie make more sense. Good job!

The Escaped- I liked your movie. It was really funny. It is also cool that you made the music! Good job!

The Presence- You guys had a good film. It was spooky and exciting. I liked the camera angles, like when they were walking in the hallway. Good job!

Not as it Seems- I really liked your movie. I also loved your poster. You had a really good idea for the film, and it turned out great. Good job!

44. Cristian Quintana on December 19th, 2016 6:39 pm

In the Hallway-I really enjoy the camera work and this is one of the best editing in the six films. I think that the film had a good concept and was lay out was good. The film for example had many angles and showed many types of ways to look at a film. This was a great film.

Piece by Piece-This film was great in many categories. This film showed real life problems. The movie was great in aspects of acting especially because it seemed realistic. I really enjoyed the editing and the ability to have the movie cause emotion to you.

Not as it Seems-I really enjoyed the idea of the whole crazy person of a girl stealing a best friend and taking too far. The clue of shoe and having it match was great. That showed organization of what you were doing. that was one of the best films there and I hope other people felt the same way. Great job girls.

Two in One-This was my favorite movie of the night. I love the title and the whole movie came together so well. This whole movie was actually nothing I expected and I love that in anything I’m watching. The dark side of the story had the movie be unexpected and unpredictable. To a movie that is rare and I finally got to see one movie that has a fantastic concept and theme.

The Escaped-In this movie I was laughing the whole time. It was funny and very silly to say the least. In the movie much of it was something unexpected. I expected an action film and I got that coming from you guys. During the movie it was one of movies with great audio. I enjoyed the music and I was surprised that it was all made by you and I was impressed.

45. Austin Miley on December 19th, 2016 8:00 pm

In the Hallway: This was a great film to watch, it had great camera angles and everyone had great acting. It is about real life issues that could happen to people in real life. Everyone had great acting and played stunning roles. I loved the transitions between each stage/segment.

Piece by Piece: This film also was a great film to watch. I loved the film editing, I also liked how they did a before and after everything want down. I like the Cinematograph and how everybody did there role as a person.

Two in One: I loved to watch this one and it was funny. I liked how Austin tried to make this more comical. My favorite part of this was when Austin said “There’s a clue to the right of you.” I loved the acting and they acted like they were supposed to.

The Escaped: I loved how they did the movie/film in a different places like at school. It was a different film from the rest. I loved how they related this to something that could actually happen. I found it funny how they made up a simple name of Pablo which made me laugh.

Not as it Seems: This was my most favorite film out of all these films. I liked how the outcome was unsuspecting. This film was like all those cliche horror movies where one of the group members was the person all along. It was funny how they left a shoe as the only clue to where the person went missing.

The Presence: This was one of those scary films where you don’t expect the ending. I liked how they did like a first person perspective going into the gym. I liked how they ghost/presence was one of them and it gave the film a scary/horror feel.

46. Naomi Dorantes on December 19th, 2016 8:40 pm

In the Hallway – I liked how you interviewed the people in the movie. I thought that was more creative then just letting the audience find out on their own the story here. I also liked your transitions, and the different camera angles that you used. For example, how you showed the text messages on the phone. I liked how when you were showing the phone that you made it easy to read the messages because I know that was an important part that your audience needed to know.

Piece by Piece – I really liked the plot of your movie. I also liked how I understood what the movie was about without being told beforehand. I liked how you had flashbacks, and the scene with Singleton and Corbett was funny and smart to include because that tells your audience what Olive’s life used to be like and what it’s like now. I also liked how the title of your film fit perfectly with what your movie was about.

The Escaped – I liked that your movie was lighthearted and fun instead of being dark or serious. I liked how unique your plot was. Also, I liked how you used flashbacks to set up the next scene in your movie, and I thought your movie was hilarious. I also enjoyed watching the adventure you had. Trying to find Pablo, getting proper equipment, riding around in what I’m guessing is a UTV, and seeing Pablo at the end and running over him. I thought it was a very cool and fun movie to make. I also thought it was funny how looking for an escaped gorilla was more important then finding your friend.

The Presence – I liked how you made your movie so that it wasn’t professional shots and instead was just someone holding a camera. I think that added a cool affect to the movie. Also, I liked how it was mysterious and the different camera angles you used in some scenes. I also liked the effects you used, and how you used the element of surprise with the ending. I really liked how you put the title of the movie at the end instead of the beginning. It gave it a mysterious and creepy affect.

Not As It Seems – I liked your idea for the movie and how everything went together well. I also liked how one person was jealous of the other for taking their friend because that can be relatable to people and people can understand why she would be so mad. (People wouldn’t be mad enough to kill, but mad enough to not like someone). I thought it was funny how the killer had this thing with taking her victims shoes. I also liked the different sound effects, and the camera angles you used.

47. Tori on December 19th, 2016 8:49 pm

Piece By Piece- I liked the different camera angles and how you showed Kaleigh in the window. I also liked how you had Mr. Singleton, Mrs. Corbett, and Mrs. Barron in your Film.

Two In One- I liked the different sound effects and the camera angles you had. I also liked how you guys were in a different environment.

The Escaped- I liked how you had Hayden on the screen like he was a news reporter. I also liked how you had the whole hunting scene. Overall it was Hilarious!

The Presence- When I was watching your film I noticed how you were the only group that took the camera and acted like you were recording. I liked how you held it in your hands and not on the tripod. I also liked the different kind of camera angles. During your film I saw that their was a picture of Owen and Christian and a ghost behind them, I thought it was really cool how you edited the picture.

Not As It Seems- It was really cool how it left us hanging at the end and how Kendra was holding all of your shoes when she was walking away. It was like a mystery. It definitely kept people watching, I also loved the different camera angles.

48. Rachel beers on December 20th, 2016 8:15 am

Nice job everyone for doing the Film Festival!!! I like it a lot!

49. Cei Bowen on December 20th, 2016 9:26 am

In the hallway I really like the shots they took and the music they had to back it up. At the beginning of the movie they had some calm music playing before they went to Alivia sitting at the tree.
    Piece by Piece I liked how creative they were and tried some new things. But with that I was able to follow the movie the whole time. My favorite shot was when the phone was placed in the cabinet
    Two in one, I really loved the shots they took and how they led up to the problem very well. I think they had goo ideas that didn’t come out quite as clear as they had hoped. The shots they took really made the movie Like when they showed Naomi. In that seen it had made it seem as if Naomi was the killer.
    The presence had some great visuals that helped to make the movie. I liked when Erik would actually carry the camera in his hand.
    Not as it seems I liked how they pretty well got to the point. I liked how we knew who the killer was but they had the extra clues to lead us on as well as the characters.

50. andrew arven on December 20th, 2016 9:37 am

in the hallway i liked that it was like a psa. it had a good lesson about bullying. i also liked the ending where they were friends again.

51. andrew arven on December 20th, 2016 9:40 am

the presence was my favorite film. i liked that they had a good story to the film. i also thought it had very good acting.

52. andrew arven on December 20th, 2016 9:46 am

in not as it seems i liked the different camera angles. i also liked that she took an odd piece of clothing from her victims.
    i also liked how it happened sort of in the open

53. andrew arven on December 20th, 2016 9:49 am

in two in one i liked that it was a mystery. i also liked the location of the film. and austin’s acting was good.

54. andrew arven on December 20th, 2016 9:51 am

in the escaped i liked that they filed in many different places. my favorite place they filmed was in the go cart when they hit pablo.

55. andrew arven on December 20th, 2016 9:57 am

in peace by peace i liked the cabinet angle. i also liked the blurriness for the memories. and the teachers acting was pretty good.

56. Kylee Dalton on December 20th, 2016 10:25 am

Piece by Piece: Piece by Piece was a very interesting film. It showed emotion and it included an easy to follow story line. It had multiple characters that helped us understand what was wrong with the girl. I loved the flashbacks and visual effects.

In the hallway: This film was my favorite one by far. It showed problems that need to be solved and the girls making up. I liked how it included some interviews of the girls and who they felt about going back to school. It included nice camera angles and nice audio.

Two In One: I liked how it introduced each of the characters by the notes in their lockers. I also liked how everyone talked equally and it included everybody. They included nice flashbacks and I liked the use of the little girl and the drawing.

The Escaped: I liked how they included the news report so we understand whats going on. I liked how they made decisions through the film and introduced a new character along the way. I liked the music and the sound effects.

The presence: I liked how it moved along quickly to keep our attention and introduced i=things in a different way. I liked the gym scene where all the lights go crazy and they see their friend on the ground. Lastly I liked the ending how it was a kind of cliff hanger.

57. Harlie on December 20th, 2016 10:30 am

For “In The Hallway” I liked Autumn’s acting part in the interview scene. Her facial expressions were great. I also liked the topic of the film. It was something always needing addressed and it made the film meaning full.
    For “Piece By Piece” I liked the the camera angels and the film effects. It was cool how they got shots from every side and did slow motions scenes. Also the flashback effects.
    For” two In One” I LOVED the scenery and the creativity. You could tell they worked really hard since they filmed out in the woods.Their poster was also eye-catching. The title and the picture. It made me excited to watch the film.
    For “The Escaped” I enjoyed the film over all because it was just funny. And the shooting out in the woods was also really cool, as was using the Go-Kart.
    For “The Presence” I liked the way they moved the camera and did the recording as the film. It was also really creative to show from ” The Presence’s” point of view in one scene.

58. erik nunez on December 20th, 2016 10:41 am

I think everyone did a good job especially the presence

59. erik nunez on December 20th, 2016 10:45 am

good job to everybody

60. Morgan Ives on December 20th, 2016 11:30 am

I really liked Piece by Piece, because it was like a girl who had a lot of friends but was really down. I also liked Not as It Seems, because they showed why she wanted Gabby dead. I just really like those 2 films.

61. Morgan Ives on December 20th, 2016 11:46 am

I think that The Escape was the funniest. Also, Two in One was the best one to me, because it describes what happens and it had good sound effects. In The Hallway was pretty good, because it talked about bulling. The Presence was scary to me. Not as It Seems was good too, because it was a murder story.

62. Giovanni Mendez on December 20th, 2016 11:34 am

Piece By Piece was a great film. I loved how they filmed and acted everything. Two In One was pretty cool because the scene was out in the forest and the natural sound was awesome. In The Hallway had a great message of bullying and I think it could change some peoples lives. The Escaped was great because it was an adventurous film. The Presence was a well done film because they had a dark gym where it was in a haunted school. The actors were great. Not as it seems was pretty creepy and I think that the sound and the places that the girls went to were well planned.

63. Greg on December 20th, 2016 11:35 am

I thought in the hallway was good because it showed what happens today like in real life I thought that was very good what they did. I thought The Escaped was good because it was funny in a sense and they used there own music. I thought Piece by Piece was good because it showed that her life was falling apart and I thought that was very cool and showed some teachers. I think Two In one was a good one it was funny and intense at the same time nobody knew what was going to happen. The presence was a good one because they did it in school and tried very hard. Not as it seems I could not view that one???

64. Chloe on December 20th, 2016 11:35 am

In peace by peace I liked all the different angles they used. I also liked the flashback part and the acting was very good.

65. Chloe on December 20th, 2016 11:36 am

In the Escaped I liked how they moved and I liked how they had sound effects that fit the movie.

66. Cameron Ewing on December 20th, 2016 11:36 am

Cameron Ewing

Piece by Piece was a really good film. I say this because they used amazing camera angles especially the one when one of the girls went to look in the cabinet. Then finally I liked how they used different colors on different scenes. Not as it Seems was a good film. I say that because the film had great voiceovers. Along with good editing. Then finally the film had a good scary mystery kind of feel for the film. In Conclusion, I think that these are great films.

67. Cameron Ewing on December 20th, 2016 11:57 am

In the hallway was very good. It talked about bullying which was great. I liked how they used different angles for the shot. The escaped was about a monkey who escaped from the zoo. I liked they used different shots example is how they used like a person point of view. Then finally this was a great film very good job. Two in one was about a girl who thought she was a different child. I liked how they used props in this film. I also liked how they used the forest for the movie.

68. Cameron Ewing on December 20th, 2016 12:01 pm

The presence was about some monster who was at the school. I liked how they made this scary but funny. In Conclusion, I think that this was a great film.

69. Chloe on December 20th, 2016 11:37 am

In Two in One it was kind of mysterious and I liked how they went out instead of at school because it fit the film .

70. Chloe on December 20th, 2016 11:39 am

In Not as it Seems I liked the different angles
    It happened kind of in a suspicious act.

71. Chloe on December 20th, 2016 11:40 am

The presence was probably my favorite because the angles were great and the acting looked as if it could be a real movie and then camera film was good.

72. Kylee on December 20th, 2016 1:22 pm

In The Hallway: I like the different shots that you had throughout your film. Your film told a great story about bullying and friendship. My favorite shot in your film was the close-up on Alivia’s face. That really added a dramatic effect on the film.

The Escaped: I really liked all the music that played during the film. My favorite parts were at the end when you killed Pablo, when you guys raced off at the end, and when you guys are deciding to either save Diego or find Pablo. Overall, I really enjoyed your film.

The Presence: I liked that you guys held the camera in the film. That really made the film seem more realistic. I also liked the shot that you had at the end of the film when the ghost’s feet were showing and he was stomping. Another part I liked was at the beginning when you were all talking in the cafeteria, and you could hear the ghost’s breath.

Not As It Seems: I liked how you guys did something different. The shoe thing was very creative. One part that I feel stood out to me was when you guys were all sitting down and Harlie was deep in thought. I liked this part of the film because it was very dramatic and was put together well.

73. Collin Milton on December 20th, 2016 2:05 pm

74. Aubrey on December 20th, 2016 2:07 pm

I thought that In The Hallway was a nice film with a great message all throughout. Piece By Piece was very intriguing and one of my favorites. Two In One was another one of my favorites because it seemed very cool and intense, it also had some humor which I loved. The Escaped to me was funny. The Presence had a very nice ending and was an amazing film.

75. Brice on December 20th, 2016 2:07 pm

I liked how in Not as it Seems they made the mystery of who killed the first girl. Also I liked how they made the shoes the defining feature of the characters. In In The Hallway I liked how they used a lot of different angles. Also I liked how it shows that even for doing the right thing you could get bullied. In Two in One I liked how they did that thing where you could see two people at once. I also liked the ending. In The presence I liked how in the begining you could hear the ghost breathe. I also liked the ending. I liked Piece by Piece because of how real it was and showed real issues. I also liked the black and white. In The Escaped I liked the humor. I also liked how it wasn’t filmed at school.

76. JACOB on December 20th, 2016 2:08 pm

The only one we didn’t watch was not as it seems. All and all it was good I like that it ended with here walking away with both shoes in her hands. I also liked the acting and how they played there part so well and did not lose caractor.

77. Blake Dodson on December 20th, 2016 2:09 pm

I like the Not at it’s Seems,because she kills one of the friends. Then she hast to kill the other two. So they don’t find out the truth. The others are good to because there all creepy or glomming.

78. Drew Faulstich on December 20th, 2016 2:09 pm

The Movie In the Hallway had very nice camera angles and beautiful background that set the mood. Piece by Piece had a very nice lighting affects which gave the viewers a since of her feeling and what she is thinking. Two in One had nice humor that balance the movie and made the movie seem more professional. The Escaped had a nice story line that I thought came together with all the other parts.The Presence had very nice visual effects.

79. Blake Dodson on December 20th, 2016 2:24 pm

The two in one is were this girl has two sides of her life. They all go to the forest. I like how they all ignored astin when he’s hert.

80. Blake Dodson on December 20th, 2016 2:15 pm

The piece by piece is were this girl has a life were every thing is falling apart. What I like about it is that it shows her running away from the mess in her life. Also it tells you that makes good choices.

81. Blake Dodson on December 20th, 2016 2:20 pm

The presence was good because it was base off a gosht in the blue gym. It could have a little more creepy music. It was gloomy to.

82. Aubrey on December 20th, 2016 2:16 pm

I thought that In The Hallway was a nice film with a great message all throughout. It had some real-life events which I liked. I also liked how we could see the texts. Piece By Piece was very intriguing and one of my favorites. It had, once again, nice facials. I also liked how we could tell what she was feeling. Two In One was another one of my favorites because it seemed very cool and intense. It also had some humor. I liked the way the actors acted at the ending. The Escaped to me was funny. I liked how they named the gorilla Pablo Jr.. I also loved the music that came from garage band. The Presence had a very nice ending and was an amazing film. I liked the scare at the end to give adrenaline to the audience. I definitely think they deserved that award. Not As It Seems was an awesome one. I really liked the people acting in it. I think they did an awesome job, they did such a good job I can’t even explain why!

83. Clare on December 20th, 2016 2:17 pm

In the movie Not As It Seems I liked how they created suspense by having it go dead silent at certain parts in the movie. It was also suspenceful when the jaws like music came on. The cool part of the movie was how the friends took it into their own hands to find their friends killer. This was a good movie overall.

The movie Two In One was really great because they didn’t film it on school property so it’s a new enviornment. The concept of the movie was great. Lastly, the movie was an overall fun movie to watch.

In the Hallway movie sent a great message. The actresses were great. And the filming was wonderful.

The movie with the actress that won best actress was amazing. She did such a great job portraying her role in the film. Piece by Piece was amazing.

The movie, The Presence was good in the way that it was creepy. It also had great sound effects. This has the esence of creepy.

The Escaped had a funny concept that drew viewers in. The concept of the movie was easy to grasp. This movie would be good for viewers of all ages.

84. HayLie on December 20th, 2016 2:17 pm

In the Hallway
    I liked the way the difftrent ways the use the camera.I also liked how it showed a real problem students have.I wonder if they could have filmed a little bit out of school more and showed more of how she delt with the problem at home too.
    Piece By Piece
    The acting was good.I also enjoyed the way emotions were tied together .I also liked how the editing caught my attention.
    Two in One
    I liked how the topic kinda drew me in.I wonder if they could have adressed the topic a little bit more clearly.I enjoyed how the sound was.I also liked how it had some funny moments.
    The Escaped
    I loved that it was funny and intreating.I liked how the setting wasn’t at school so we kinda looked around more and ingaged into the film.I also enjoyed all the props

85. Collin Milton on December 20th, 2016 2:18 pm

Also Two in One was a cool movie about a girl with two personalities. It was a better movie with a little humor in it.

86. Collin Milton on December 20th, 2016 2:19 pm

Also Two in One was a cool movie about a girl with two personalities. It was a better movie with a little humor in it. It deserves a full movie.

87. Lani Hunter on December 20th, 2016 2:20 pm

I thought in the Piece by Piece was very nice because it told a story.It was telling about a girl who was having trouble in school. She was having trouble in school because she was getting bad grades and her parents were getting a divorce. In the hallway was very interesting because it was about bullying. She had a friend and she told on her because she was cheating of her test. Two in One was my favorite because it was a plot twist. One of the girls was trying to act all funny but she was actually the one hurting the people. And at the end they finally found out but it was to late because she hurt everyone. The escaped it was interesting. It was about three people and they are trying to find a gorilla named Pablo. The presence was really scary to me. It was with this weird ghost that was haunting the gym and it took one of the guys. At the end the find the kid he took and the he popped up. Not as it seems was also a plot twist to me. It was weird to me because it was with a girl who was who was mad at a friend and she killed her and it was very odd to me.

88. JACOB on December 20th, 2016 2:20 pm

not as it seems all and all it was good I like that it ended with here walking away with both shoes in her hands. I also liked the acting and how they played there part so well and did not lose caractor. I liked That they could express the intire story. In the hallway was realy good at showing the idea. It made me want to go and stop bullying if I could. I liked how thye showed them in the office being talked to. They also made sure to make sure there was a halway and I liked that becuase if they didn’t have that it would make no sence. I like peice by peice alot it showed me that not all lives are perfect. I also liked how she threw her phone down when she saw her dads call. Last it showed us that she was unhappy if she was smiling the intire time I would have lost the purpous. In two in one I liked how the killer was who we didn’t expect. I like that they found a place to do this that wasn’t in the school. Last they were able to make me want to keep watching to find out what the next clue was to the riddle. I loved the Presence it made me so scared. I like that it gave us a reality that made us think wait is that actualy true. I liked the jump scares becuase I didn’t expect them and I liked how they used the things around them to there advantage. I liked the escaped becuase they made us want to look behind us to see what was there. I didn’t like that it wasn’t so scary becuase they were to happy and less scared. I wish that they would have seen the beast more often. That is what I liked about the videos.

89. Morgan on December 20th, 2016 2:22 pm

In the hallway
    It thought they were very good with the camera. It had good lighting and you could tell the plot of the story. The girls were very good at acting.

Piece by Piece
    I thought the video had nice time length. The main character was very good at acting. I liked how they showed before and after.

Two in one
    I thought the video was funny at times. It was very clear what the main idea of the story was. It had talking and not just sound effects.

The escaped
    I thought it was a good clip and it was funny. I liked how it wasn’t as serious as the others were. I liked how they had more than one main character.

The presence
    I thought they did good on sound effects. I liked how they took the camera with them. I thought it was scary at a the end.

Not as it seems
    I thought they did good on acting and not looking at the camera. I liked how they gave clues and told you who the killer was. I thought that the film was very good at lighting and editing.

90. Drew Faulstich on December 20th, 2016 2:23 pm

The Movie In the Hallway had very nice camera angles beautiful background.The Music that set the mood.I like the sound effects to it helps tell the story .

Piece by Piece had a very nice lighting affects which gave the viewers a since of her feeling and what she is thinking. I also like that they gave enough background to help tell the story. Her day dreams were also presented very well.

Two in One had nice humor that balance the movie and made the movie seem more professional. The Story line was nice too. The flash back was also nice to sum up the movie.

The Escaped had a nice story line that I thought came together with all the other parts. I think that the costume was a nice touch. Finally the Music was very nice to set the mood.

The Presence had very nice visual effects. It also gave a nice background. Finally the moving camera was nice.

91. Keylin Rodriguez on December 20th, 2016 2:23 pm

Piece by Piece was a really good film. I say this because they used good camera angles. I really liked the one where the camera was inside the cabinet.

The Presence I liked how you had like a point of view of the monster. And made noises to make it seem like it was his point of view. I really liked the end how it had stomping it made it scary.

I like how in Two in One they would change it to black and white and when it brought flashbacks. I also really like how the angels were.

I thought that in The Hallway had some great angles. The close ups of the phone and many other stuff was how there was great angles. And I like how you guys made it look good.

The Escaped the film was hilarious. When you guys are deciding to either save Diego or find Pablo was a really funny part.I really enjoyed the film.

The film The Presence was a great film because it was suspenseful. I wanted to keep watching to see what was going to happen. This film was funny. I liked at the how they just scream but don’t see anything.

92. Karley Estrada on December 20th, 2016 2:26 pm

In The Hallway was an ok film not one of my favorite of the films. I didn’t like the acting at all. I felt like it could have been a lot better. needs to be

Two in One is my favorite. It was extremely funny to me . But this also had a huge disorter.

the escaped
    I thought this movie was so dumb and had extreamly bad acting and editing

not as it seem
    I though tis movie was ok but I hate the ending shot. sorry but this is the truth id did’t like this movie for mostly any part. Like when the girl gasped she smiled

93. Blake Dodson on December 20th, 2016 2:28 pm

The hallway is sad because this girl tells the truth, then she loses her friends. Then she gets bullied a lot. I like about this movie is that it’s not to bully.

94. Trevor Petzke on December 20th, 2016 2:29 pm

Piece by Piece was very well put together. The film was very professional. I also really liked the camera angles. As well as how well the actors did.
    In the Hallway was very well put together. I liked how they told the story of why she was getting bullied. I also like how they showed the main characters in the office getting questioned.
    Two in one was very well put together. I liked how the actors told the story. I also liked how deep the story was. The film was also pretty funny.
    The Escaped was a very well put together film. I liked how they went on an adventure. I also like how the incorporated other characters. The film had a weird vibe while I was watching it but I liked it.
    The Presence was very well put together. I liked the suspense of the film. I also liked how they put together the story. The film also was cool because we never saw the monster but you kind of didn’t want to, it was weird.

95. Blake Dodson on December 20th, 2016 2:30 pm

The Escaped is where they go and find a lose animal. What I like about it is that the run over the lost animal. I like that it’s about a lost animal.

96. Rachel beers on February 3rd, 2017 2:19 pm

You guys did a great job with Film festival. I like the one called not as it seems when the lights went out and you can hear a girl yelling.I thought that was really scary.
    -Two thumbs up!

Thank you for supporting LJH Digital Storm.

If you want a picture to show with your comment, go get a gravatar.

• LJH DIGITAL STORM FILM FESTIVAL- Winter 2016

Campus Life

ACADEMIC SUPER BOWL TEAM SIGN-UP

Campus Life

LJH YEARBOOK EARLY BIRD SALE ENDS SOON

Campus Life

LJH DIGITALSTORM FEATURED ON WNDU

Campus Life

LJH MEMORIES YEARBOOK FIRE SALE HAS BEGUN

Campus Life

STUDENT COUNCIL OFFICER VOTING SITE

Campus Life

LJHS FALL SPORTS PICTURES

Campus Life

Speech Team Call-Out

Campus Life

Back To School Dance Tonight!

Campus Life

LJH Picture Day Set

• Campus Life

Yearbook Distribution

Lincoln Junior High Student News Website