Lincoln Junior High Student News Website

LJH Digital Storm

7th Grade Basketball

The 7th Grade boys were in action Wednesday night when they played host to Tippy Valley. The boys came out flat and found themselves facing their largest deficit of the season. Poor communication and defense was a big cause, but also the inability to finish around the rim caused the Red Storm issues. After a heated halftime talk, Lincoln 7th grade started to fight back and cut in to the deficit. With 20 seconds left in the game Lincoln found themselves only down one to the Vikings after a big steal by Timmy Wakeland and a huge three by Nolan Bales. But in the end, the lack of communication and picking up the open man hurt the Red Storm as Tippy Valley found themselves for a wide open lay up to take the lead to 3 as the end of the game buzzer sounded. It was a good fight back for the Red Storm, but the slow start was too much to overcome as the Red Storm lost their second game of the season, 33-36.

The B Team opened their season Wednesday night against Tippy Valley. First game jitters were in effect for both teams in the first half, but after Lincoln settled down they pulled away from the Vikings. The B team was victorious in their first game with a 22-12 win over the Vikings. Carter Snyder had 5 points. David Mathison had 5 points. Connor Schmeidlin chipped in 7 points. Michael Sheeley, Dillon Davidson, and William Gamble each added 2 points. The B team will be in action again on Monday when they travel to Wawasee.