Lincoln Junior High Student News Website

LJH Digital Storm

Virtual Learning Strategies- Week of 11.27.17

Objectives: 

*  By looking closely at an image, forming their own interpretations and sharing their ideas, students practice skills such as making an argument, finding and citing evidence, analyzing various accounts of a subject told in different mediums, making strategic use of digital media and participating in collaborative discussions.

HOW IT WORKS:  

Each Monday an image will be posted with no caption, no headline and no helpful link back to an article. To answer the question “What’s going on in this picture?” you’ll have to rely solely on the information you can gather from the image itself — and from the online discussion with other students.

After the image is posted each week, we hope a lively conversation will take place in the comments section as students post what they observe and why, and consider multiple interpretations of what they see together. (Though if you’d like to join the conversation later, that’s fine, too: comments will be open indefinitely.)

Each week you will respond by answering the following three questions:

• What’s going on in this picture?

• What do you see that makes you say that?

• What more can we find?

After you have posted, try reading back to see what others have said, then respond to someone else by posting another comment. Use the “Reply” button.  On Thursday each week, the caption will be revealed.

MONDAY- NOVEMBER 27, 2017, IMAGE

What’s going on in this picture? Look closely at the image above, then tell us what you see by posting a comment. On Thursday afternoon, we will reveal more about the image and its origins at the bottom of this post.

THE REVEAL- THURSDAY- 11.30.17

This week’s image comes from the slide show “Unearthing a Massacre in Peru” on The New York Times Lens blog. The original caption reads:

Dannal Aramburu, forensic anthropologist, examines the remains of two victims found in a mass grave. 2013.

The photographer, Max Cabello Orcasitas, provided additional information to The Times:

Between November and December of 2013, two forensic teams from the Public Prosecutor’s Office exhumed approximately 50 mass graves in the long-suffering Chungi district, in Ayacucho, Peru. Shining Path and Peruvian Armed Forces are believed to have buried at least 200 people in these pits. During four weeks of work, 99 corpses were found.

In an article by David Gonzalez from Oct. 19, Mr. Cabello Orcasitas explains what compelled him to photograph the exhumations. It begins:

Silent clues to a violent past are buried among the scores of mass graves that dot Chungui district in the mountainous Ayacucho region of Peru. There, above layers of earth that mark geological time, lie relatively new remnants attesting to the massacres carried out by both the Shining Path guerrillas and the military and police forces that hunted them.

A soggy, wrinkled skirt. A skull. Fragments of a spinal column. All that remains of the many men, women and children caught in the crossfire of a war they never wanted. When these remains are lifted from their unmarked graves, they bring with them the chance to be identified, to give their survivors an idea of what happened. To give them something they can bury, and mourn.

Max Cabello Orcasitas, a Peruvian photojournalist, had been intrigued by the exhumations taking place in the region, which was among the hardest-hit by the political violence 30 years ago. He had read about it in a report by the country’s truth commission that offered an accounting of the crimes and killings that were carried out during these dirty wars.

“It struck me as a little-known tragedy,” Mr. Cabello Orcasitas said. “It was like that place in Yugoslavia where there were massacres, Srebrenica. This was like a Peruvian Srebrenica.”

103 Comments

103 Responses to “Virtual Learning Strategies- Week of 11.27.17”

1. Amber Schrameyer on November 27th, 2017 10:28 am

It looks like an archeologist is digging up and inspecting a body from ruins. I say that because there’s a skeleton on the ground and a guy in uniform spraying something onto it. We could also come up with some ideas based off the fact that there’s shovels nearby which means they probably dug him up or were looking for him. Plus there’s two other people, possibly married or related, who are watching nearby.

[Reply]

Starla Maza Reply:

That is a good idea. It does look like someone died in ruins.

[Reply]

2. Connor DeLee on November 27th, 2017 10:29 am

I think whats going on in this picture is that the people on the side were digging for something and then found a body and then called the cops. I say this because there is a pickaxe and a shovel by the people o the right side of the picture. We can find out how the people on the right got there and what they were doing.

[Reply]

Amber Schrameyer Reply:

What do you think they were digging for?

[Reply]

Connor DeLee Reply:

I think whats going on in this picture is that the people on the side were digging for something and then found a body and then called the cops. I say this because there is a pickaxe and a shovel by the people o the right side of the picture and the fact that there is a medical examiner looking at the body. We can find out how the people on the right got there and what they were doing.

[Reply]

Richard Ward Reply:

The man is probably a professional coroner and is scanning the body not spraying it.

[Reply]

clayton pattersosn Reply:

i never thought of that

[Reply]

Caden Reply:

I agree with you on some parts but I think you should include more detail and like maybe where this was and what this could be about.

[Reply]

3. Richard Ward on November 27th, 2017 10:29 am

An archaeological find and they are excavating the area.

They are in a hole and there is a skeleton plus digging tools.

We can find that they are dirty.

[Reply]

Connor DeLee Reply:

I like your thinking but you need more information.

[Reply]

Michael Norris Reply:

I like all of your vocabulary.

[Reply]

4. Dayton Myers on November 27th, 2017 10:30 am

I think the people in the picture are digging up an important skeleton or the two people on the right might have dug up a skeleton and called for a specialist to check it out. I think this because the two people on the right aren’t properly dressed like the specialist to the left and the specialist is looking at the skeleton. It also seems like they are in a hole or in the woods.

[Reply]

Nathan Filson Reply:

I agree it does seem the two on the right dug up the skeleton because of the digging equipment near their feet.

[Reply]

5. Nathan Filson on November 27th, 2017 10:30 am

I see what looks like a group that had been digging for something and unearthed a skeleton due to the mining equipment next to them. I also see what looks like a doctor examining the skeleton. I see that he’s also examining it inside a hole or downward incline because of the drop-off you see next to the tree.

[Reply]

Richard Ward Reply:

That is good.

[Reply]

Zacharhyia Masterson Reply:

I would agree, your idea is great but what could they be looking for? Maybe this discovery would be greater than what they were seeking to find.

[Reply]

6. HayLie on November 27th, 2017 10:30 am

What’s going on in this picture is scientist are looking at remains of a human.
    What makes me say that is theres someone who has tools looking at a remains from a human body.What more can we find we can see that theres other people who don’t look like scientist on the side.

[Reply]

7. Erik Nuñez on November 27th, 2017 10:31 am

What’s going on in this picture? I think that they are digging up bones.

What do you see that makes you say that? The bones and that they are dug.

What more can we find? that the girl has a sucker and that means she is probably wealthy.

[Reply]

Emelin Rodriguez Reply:

Why would a sucker mean you are rich?

[Reply]

Adriel Reply:

You say she is rich because she has a sucker?

[Reply]

Adriel Reply:

yeah, I could have a sucker and i’m not rich…maybe I am.

[Reply]

Mrs. Anders Reply:

I think that the medical examiner gave the girl a sucker before he began working. (He welcomed the silent observers because, in his line of work, he rarely has such eager on-lookers.) He offered one to the young man as well, but he did not want to impose. The young girl found it as an irresistible treat! After all, its not everyday that a medical examiner is summoned to her desolate area.

8. Zacharhyia Masterson on November 27th, 2017 10:32 am

In this picture shown above, what’s going on in this picture? Well in this picture they are finding what look likes to be where someone was buried. What do you see that makes you say that? I see that there is a skeleton in a hole, and a doctor inspecting it. What more can we find? We could find that there could have been a reason for the skeleton to be buried in the hole that they are looking at.

[Reply]

9. Devante Garcia on November 27th, 2017 10:33 am

What’s going on in this picture? Look closely at the image above, then tell us what you see by posting a comment. On Thursday afternoon, we will reveal more about the image and its origins at the bottom of this post.

The boy and the girl are watching are watching the doctor clean the bones like the dead body is a fossil from our ancient history. They are in Mexico because thats my observation.

[Reply]

Devante Garcia Reply:

The shovels in the picture is what they used to dig the hole. The hole is where they found the dead body.

[Reply]

Anias Bakian Reply:

I agree that it does look like they’re in Mexico.

[Reply]

10. Michael Norris on November 27th, 2017 10:33 am

In this picture they are digging up bones.

I say this because they are on top of a dug up skeleton.

We can find out were they are and what they are doing.

[Reply]

11. Kelsey Vanlue on November 27th, 2017 10:33 am

In this picture it looks like they digging up parts of a body in the woods. I think that it looks like that because I see tools on the ground and in the guys hand. Also, I see bones and a skull.

[Reply]

Julia Kinney Reply:

I like how you gave detail about why you thought that idea.

[Reply]

Chloe Weldon Reply:

I also thought that to so great job on coming up with your idea.

[Reply]

12. Emelin Rodriguez on November 27th, 2017 10:35 am

What’s going on in this picture?

I think that in this picture the man in blue is trying to get some DNA to use for some kind of science project.

What do you see that makes you say that?

I think this because the guy in the outfit has gloves on and tools in his hands and looks like is trying to pick stuff off of the dead human body.

What more can we find?

I think that they are in some place like Mexico because of how the people look like that are watching the scientist.

[Reply]

Winston Reply:

I like the DNA part, they might use the DNA for a project

[Reply]

Skyla Reply:

I liked what you thought about the DNA part.

[Reply]

13. Cooper Eveland on November 27th, 2017 10:38 am

In the picture, it looks like young volunteers are observing a foreign man carefully excavating a human skeleton from deep underground. I believe that the younger boys are volunteers because of their less professional clothing compared to the full-grown man. The reason for me saying that the older man is foreign to the boys is because he seems to have a different skin color. Finally, I say that it is deep underground because their is a pickax in the photo and a low amount of sunlight.

[Reply]

Kylee G. Reply:

I didn’t think of the fact that they might be volunteers, nice thought.

[Reply]

Greggory quigley Reply:

Good thinking I would of never thought of that there volunteers. I agree that It might be under ground you really found them details and payed much attention to the photo i didn’t notice any of them details before.

[Reply]

Nikole Melendez Reply:

Thats good thinking I never thought that they could be volunteers.

[Reply]

14. Greggory quigley on November 27th, 2017 12:33 pm

What I think is going on is the guy alone is brushing off the bone so they can tell what is. The other two where digging and now stopped because they have to wait for the other guy to brush it off and decided if they want it or not. . I see the two people just relaxing waiting to see what it is. The other guy has a brush and looks like he is studying the bone. We can find out where it is and what animal that it is.

[Reply]

15. clayton pattersosn on November 27th, 2017 12:34 pm

i fell like it is a berry site and there where people there that found the body.
    it also looks like a fake body kind of for like to scare people.
    or a crime since detective that finds bodys
    it aslo looks like people are trying to learn about artfact from the old days

[Reply]

16. Kylee G. on November 27th, 2017 12:34 pm

The people in the picture appear to be archaeologists digging up an ancient burial ground. I see a man digging or brushing a skeleton, archaeologists do this. Also, when they dig ancient burial grounds, the outline the site with string, as seen in the picture. We can also find that there are two other people off to the side. These people might own the land that they are digging up.

[Reply]

17. Chloe Weldon on November 27th, 2017 12:34 pm

I think that the people on the right were digging and found something and the called something. Also, I think that a person is scanning to see if it is a body because that is what it looks like. In the picture I see two people that were digging and then they found what looks like a body that was burred into the ground. What makes me see this is the picture shows what looks like a guy scanning a body. We could find out why the people were digging in the woods. Also, why they were even in the woods.

[Reply]

18. Mariah Stowers on November 27th, 2017 12:34 pm

So it looks as if there is some type of dead body that seems to have been there for awhile so I’m guessing the two guys next the the doctor and the body may have found the body. I think the might have found it because there are shovels.

[Reply]

Elaina McDonald Reply:

I agree with you, that is kind of what I thought was going on in the picture.

[Reply]

19. Luis Herrera Jr. on November 27th, 2017 12:35 pm

I believe there was some sort of explosion or fire that occured that caused the skeleton to be there in the ground. I don’t think you would naturally find a skeleton laying in the ground. There are two people by a dude in a uniform, perhaps they were friends of the blown-up person. I also want to emphasize that there are digging tools nearby, so maybe a corpse was being dug up for studies/observation.

[Reply]

20. Elaina McDonald on November 27th, 2017 12:35 pm

The two people were digging a hole for something and some reason. They ended up digging up/finding a body. They called someone to inspect the body. I say this because there are different sizes of shovels in the corner. The body looks like it was roped off so that way the person was able to inspect the body.

[Reply]

Halle Hopple Reply:

I liked how you stated your idea. But, maybe you could have put some more information to explain your answer.

[Reply]

Natalhy DeLeon Reply:

I really like the way you put this and I would have never thought of it that detailed.

[Reply]

21. Julia Kinney on November 27th, 2017 12:35 pm

I think it looks like some archeologists that are digging up some bones that they have found. What makes me think that, is there are some people that look like they have the right tools for digging up bones, that’s why I think they are archeologists. I think they are digging for the bones because in the picture there is a skull head that they have just found, and the people that are sitting next to them looks like they are concerned so maybe they were related to that person. We can fins more information on this picture by looking more closely and trying to look up the picture on the internet.

[Reply]

22. Alexis Rose on November 27th, 2017 12:36 pm

In the picture, it looks like an archeologist is trying to uncover an ancient body and is checking for anything special. I say this because in the image it shows a person digging and brushing off a dead body which looks like it’s been dug up because of all the shovels and pic axes. By seeing this we can maybe search for things including a body and an archeologist in the news headlines of a newspaper.

[Reply]

Corinne Rhodes Reply:

That is a good idea! I never thought of that!

[Reply]

23. Halle Hopple on November 27th, 2017 12:36 pm

I think in the picture that they are digging for extinct dinosaur bones. They found bones, and they will try to find all of them to see if it’s a whole dinosaur. Now, that I look at the pictures in more details it looks like they are digging up human remains. Maybe they will see how they died when they examine the bones. They might also find many more ancient items like rocks, more bones from different animals, and many more. I think that this might be in a poor area like Africa because their are kids by the picture. I also think this because kids are in hunger and they are very poor so people die often.

[Reply]

Alexis Rose Reply:

Good idea, I didn’t think about them looking for dinosaur remains.

[Reply]

24. Winston on November 27th, 2017 12:36 pm

I think the people are wondering why this person died here. It looks like there is a doctor looking at the bones, so this dead person might be famous. I think we need to find out where this place is located and why the dead person is there.

[Reply]

25. Seth Tallarita on November 27th, 2017 12:36 pm

Their digging up someone that is dead I think. Because their is a pick, shovel, and other materials. We find it on google or look it up where it is.

[Reply]

26. Starla Maza on November 27th, 2017 12:36 pm

I believe that they are in like a haunted trail. I believe this because there are people there just watching. It also seems like that the skeleton is sort of fake. Also, if you look there is someone dressed as a nurse. Wouldn’t it make more sense to bring the skeleton to a doctors office if it was real anyway? If you look closely you see the lady that is in the picture with a lollipop. If it was a real murder investigation the people probably wouldn’t be that close or they wouldn’t be eating a lollipop.

[Reply]

27. Nikole Melendez on November 27th, 2017 12:37 pm

I think the lead story is finding a man or woman that has been missing. The picture looks like a man is digging up a dead body and inspecting whats in the bones. I see that the man in blue is looking in the bones and also the different tools that there are. We can find the two people sitting behind the rope and you can see that theres an empty space in the ground. It looks likes it could be in a random spot in the woods because you see all the space and there are also some tree roots.

[Reply]

28. Adriel on November 27th, 2017 12:37 pm

This looks like some civilians accidentally dug up some prehistoric bones when trying to plant a tree or something else related to that. The guy in the doctor suit is holding something that might go into the bones and that might be used to tell when they were from or it could get DNA. I don’t know why the lady is holding a lollipop but the people might be in a poor country because they kind of have ragged clothes and the ground does not have rich soil.

[Reply]

Alex Reply:

I did not think of the kid possibly being poor!

[Reply]

29. Madison Voreis on November 27th, 2017 12:38 pm

I think that the two people to the right were digging in the woods and found a dead body. I’m guessing that they called someone because their is a person in scrubs who is examining the body, maybe trying to figure out who it was, how they died, or how long the body has been there. Some other things that you can see, there are, shovels and a pickaxe next to the two people behind the rope. It also looks like the body was in some kind of cloth or bag.

[Reply]

30. Kiley Pitts on November 27th, 2017 12:39 pm

I think this is some archeologist digging up and un covering some fossils or remains of a human or animal. I think this because he has a brush and spray paint to figure out what he is unburying and is using the brush to dust off extra dirt without breaking any part of the fossil/skeleton. I believe he is using the spray paint to see the shape more clearly and see more of what it looks like or is representing. I think we can find more of this in some other articles and some other places.

[Reply]

31. Alan Barrera on November 27th, 2017 12:42 pm

I think that the people watching the guy dig up this skeleton which is humans remains because I can see the skull and I think they found the body of someone who was murdered in the forest.

[Reply]

Blake Hedger Reply:

I don’t think its a murder because people are lounging around and theres no police tape.

[Reply]

32. Alex on November 27th, 2017 12:43 pm

What is happening in the picture is that teenagers were exploring and digging for buried items and discovered a dead body there, near a tree, and I think a doctor has come so he could dig up the body. What makes me say that is that there is a person wearing a doctor suit and the person in the doctors suit is digging the body like an archeologist digging up fossils. I say this because there is a pickaxe near the teenagers and the doctor is using a brush to dig up a skeleton. All of the things I have mentioned are in the picture that people need to think about and it looks like there are some shovels there too.

[Reply]

33. Caden on November 27th, 2017 1:23 pm

I think that people are excavating a site and that they are going thru an ancient city. What I see that makes me think that is that there is a person working on excavating a skeleton and because I have seen shows that have people excavating and that is what it looks like. What other details that could help you is the string holding the bystanders back is there so the man can work by himself and the worker has tools near him to help him excavate.

[Reply]

34. Caleb Deacon on November 27th, 2017 1:24 pm

I think Forensic anthropology because of the features around like the dead body there. The area around them too. We can find more by watching the news.

[Reply]

35. Anias Bakian on November 27th, 2017 1:24 pm

I think someone died and they couldn’t find the body/ person but then they finally found it and dug it up. I think this because it looks like they dug up all around the skeleton and there are two people who look like they could be the parents or something. We can find more by looking at all the materials they are using and their clothes.

[Reply]

36. Skyla on November 27th, 2017 1:24 pm

I think that this is the woods and they found a dead body.What can make me say this is because theres a dead body and that there in Mexico but also theres trees and roots around then.We can find more about this that they also were digging and found it.

[Reply]

Oscar De La Torre Reply:

I didn’t think of that, but that is a great idea because you are right, there are root like things in this picture.

[Reply]

37. Corinne Rhodes on November 27th, 2017 1:25 pm

To my mind, this looks as if teens have found dead bodies. It looks as if a doctor was sent to take inspections of the body and samples. What makes me say this looks as the teens dug the body up is because of the one teenager who has a pickaxe near side. It almost makes me question if people were sent to find these dead unfound bodies. What I would need to think about, is how they have managed to find a dead body. I would also wonder why they decided to dig so far down?

[Reply]

Leah Tanner Reply:

I like your perspective on this and I like how in depth you went.

[Reply]

38. Colin Chupp on November 27th, 2017 1:25 pm

I like your idea on the string holding the bystanders.

[Reply]

39. Caleb Deacon on November 27th, 2017 1:26 pm

I think Forensic anthropology because of the features around like the dead body there. The area around them too. We can find more by looking at the surroundings.

[Reply]

40. Leah Tanner on November 27th, 2017 1:27 pm

In this picture, it looks like an archaeologist was looking for something underground but instead he found a body. I know this because there is a human skull and what looks like clothes right by the bones. You can find more by looking at the surroundings. For example, you can see that there are tools around the archeaologist and there are people sitting down and looking at the discovery.

[Reply]

41. Logan Walters on November 27th, 2017 1:27 pm

I think it is forensic anthropology because of all of the features around the body. I would say that because of where it looks like it is at. You can find more by looking closer at what he is doing.

[Reply]

Caleb Deacon Reply:

I like your idea Logan

[Reply]

42. Jennifer Lopez - M on November 27th, 2017 1:27 pm

They could be trying to find who the body belong to or it could be a person who went missing. The people who are watching could be the people who found the body. The guy looks like he is spraying the body remains with something. This could have made the headlines by the body remains be somebody that was well known. Also maybe the people that are watching were just exploring and they found the body parts. It looks like they could be in like the wood were they found this.

[Reply]

43. Natalhy DeLeon on November 27th, 2017 1:28 pm

In this picture I see a body of bones. It seems like the ‘Mom and Son’, are sitting in a whole where there are tree roots. At the same time, it looks like a Forensic Scientist is examining the body of bones and dusting it off. I saw that there were weird shovels on the ground around everyone, as if they all dug up the ground to find the body. I also the lady eating a sucker, and what was unusual was that there was a string dividing the ‘Mom and Son’, and the Forensic Scientist. I believe the string was there to divide them. That was my observation based on the picture.

[Reply]

44. Bennett Christy on November 27th, 2017 1:28 pm

In this picture I see a surgeon looking man digging up a body near two people in normal clothes. The people there don’t look involved so it seems like that is a close friend or relative. The body is human so they are most likely digging up a war, battle, or a dump site for a killer. The surgeon probably researches bones for a job and is really good at it. Things that would help us realise what is going on would be where they and if they are near a popular land structure, or what the surgeon’s job is.

[Reply]

45. Yarely Dorantes 6th Hour on November 27th, 2017 1:30 pm

A forensics person is examining a skeleton’s remains and there seems to be two people watching the examination. It looks like it’s taking place somewhere from Southern America because of the skin and hair color of the people. I also think that it’s taking place in a construction zone.I think someone from forensics is examining a skeleton’s remains because in the picture you can see a doctor holding an object over the remains. I think this takes place in Southern America because of the skin and hair color of the people. I also think it’s taking place in a construction zone because of the tools. If you look at the right side of the photo you can see a woman eating a lollipop. She seems interested and unfazed by the sight in front of her.

[Reply]

Tessa Hutchinson Reply:

I really like your opinion on the image, your idea that it could be taking place in the construction zone is a good idea, but I think that it wouldn’t be as dark looking and in the middle of a forest.

[Reply]

46. Vandalyn Daniels on November 27th, 2017 1:31 pm

In this photo it looks like the man is some sort of doctor or scientist, and he looks like he is checking the body for any clues. I also think that its someone related to the boy and girl on the side because usually they wouldn’t have just random people watching them do this.

[Reply]

47. Dawson on November 27th, 2017 2:25 pm

I think this is the ancestor of these people and they were trying to find this so they could get a treasure. I think this because the people are really interested.

[Reply]

48. Oscar De La Torre on November 27th, 2017 2:25 pm

This picture is very confusing. At first it looks like ruins that an archaeologist is digging up, but then you realize a mom and son are looking at the other person, that actually looks more like a doctor. This picture looks like a ruined area to be discovered, by the shovel, pickaxe, and other digging tools. As for the side of me that believes this is a doctor, I say this because they are wearing a mask and using sanitary tools. They are also using something that almost looks like the thing that doctors use to inject needles. This picture is very confusing, but I am leaning more towards the ruins, due to the camera angle, which is higher up than the people.

[Reply]

Ben Hutchings Reply:

I agree with your observations, but how do you know that the two other people are a mom, and a son? I also agree that it is some kind of ruin of something.

[Reply]

49. Chloe Eichel on November 27th, 2017 2:26 pm

I think that this picture is a surgeon digging up a body that no one knew about. I also see two people watching him. I say this because I see the two watching him and they look like they are really into it. I say that the surgeon is digging up someone because I see a body that has not skin or anything. So maybe it have been underground for a while so it has been decomposed. I wonder why the women has a sucker and is eating it.

[Reply]

50. Cameron Culp on November 27th, 2017 2:26 pm

I think that an archeologist dug up the body and called a doctor to check it out. It looks like that is a doctor trying to examine the body for any stuff to tell how old the body is. I also think that the body looks like it may still have some traces of blood on it. It seems like it could be a person because it has pants that are tore up and it has a skull that looks like a normal human skull. I think that the two people on the right were walking around and saw them, they could have found it, or they could be related to the skulls. In conclusion, I think that they are digging up somebody that had some history to it but died not to long ago.

[Reply]

51. Tessa Hutchinson on November 27th, 2017 2:26 pm

I think the image is the remains of a large animal or bird of some sort. I see the blood and feather-like materials near the skull. I see the pickaxe and shovels handle and a rope. So I am guessing that they were digging or clearing an area, in a forest or wooded section that has a steep incline or altitude.

[Reply]

52. Luis E on November 27th, 2017 2:27 pm

It is a person who is dead, they buried her and without anyone noticing, now someone is bothering her because she died

[Reply]

Evan Miller Reply:

I don’t think it could be that simple, why would they bury someone in secret?

[Reply]

53. Ben Hutchings on November 27th, 2017 2:27 pm

I can see someone, like an archeologist, digging up a skeleton of someone, or something, with two other people beside him. I can also see that the dirt, and environment seems like it is chard from a fire. This makes me think in my mind the there was a terrible fire that completely destroyed something like a home of someone, or a small village. I think the two other people are there to help investigate this event, and to help them find things because they might have been effected by it.

[Reply]

Chloe Eichel Reply:

I like your answer but I don’t agree with your last part about the two people helping him. I feel like there where just watching him because they look very into the scene. One has a sucker I think they were so into the part that they had to something to snack on like at the movies.

[Reply]

Connor Schmiedlin Reply:

I agree with this because in the picture it shows all of what he’s saying. He also has information to back up what he’s saying.

[Reply]

Rodney Lovejoy Reply:

kinda what I thought

[Reply]

54. Jorryn Zellers on November 27th, 2017 2:28 pm

I think that the setting is around halloween because the boy is wearing a halloween shirt. Another reason why the setting looks like halloween because the doctor doesn’t look like a real doctor, he looks like he is just dressed up like one and also I think that because the bones look like a red pool noodle cut up and the skull looks like just a Halloween mask. The girl in the picture also looks like she is wearing a witch hat or something. I truly think that this was a setup or a prank.

[Reply]

55. Connor Schmiedlin on November 27th, 2017 2:30 pm

I think they are digging up graves from a long time ago. It could be from ancient places where they would bury their deceased or if there was a war around there. I said this because there is a skeleton of a human. I said that because of the shape of the skull and the other remains.

[Reply]

56. Evan Miller on November 27th, 2017 2:30 pm

Something tell me this is an archaeology discovery. I can tell from the tools and skeleton. I know it’s a skeleton because there’s a skull. Though, maybe it took place in the ancient city of Pompeii based on the black soot and foreign figures in the picture.

[Reply]

Evan Miller Reply:

The skeleton is of a human because of the round dome for a forehead.

[Reply]

Franklin Paguada Reply:

I think that a good thought and seems to fit the picture.

[Reply]

57. Rodney Lovejoy on November 27th, 2017 2:31 pm

it looks like the people have found a skeleton skull from old times because there is no other thing I would think they’d be their for and the doctor or scientist on the left kinda gives that vibe of something rare found it might be a skeleton from one of the world wars.

[Reply]

58. Franklin Paguada on November 27th, 2017 2:33 pm

What I think that is going on in this picture is Something called Forensic anthropology which my older sister was talking about with me. I think this because the person cleaning up the bones it dressed up as a doctor and looks like he knows what he was doing and there must of been a bunch of other people helping him dig up because you can see a lot of small shovels and pick axes. They must of not been a dead body because one people won’t be just watching and licking a lollipop and two he spared a chemical on it which made the bones red and that could’ve helped it stay together so the can experiment onto it. If you don’t know what Forensic anthropology is its when a group of people do a experiment onto remains of a human body or something like that.

[Reply]

59. Blake Hedger on November 27th, 2017 2:34 pm

I doubt its a murder case or archaeologist because they are two people lounging around as to say its not important and theres no caution tape, they were also digging with a purpose there because there was a pickaxe, and a shovel, I think it might have been two people looking for valuables because one seems to be serious while the others are not. The two that are not are the people who found the body or bodies while what looks like a doctor was called in. The two on the left were probably looking for valuables because theres not only a pickaxe and shovel but a shifter to make sure nothing of valuable got past.

[Reply]

60. Dawson on November 27th, 2017 2:35 pm

I think this is a person bone dating a human skeleton because it could be a lost explorer. I think this because the guy on the body is holding a red cup of some sort. It also could be a Indian Chiefs daughter. It also could be the remains of the people’s ancestor.

[Reply]

Thank you for supporting LJH Digital Storm.

If you want a picture to show with your comment, go get a gravatar.

• Virtual Learning Strategies- Week of 11.27.17

Campus Life

VISUAL THINKING STRATEGY -WEEK OF 12.4.17

Campus Life

LJH MEMORIES YEARBOOK RECOGNITION ADS

Campus Life

LJH STUDENTS PERFORM IN NORTH CENTRAL ALL-REGION HONOR BAND

Campus Life

Politics Club

Campus Life

Shop with a Cop

Campus Life

Spirit Assembly Dress Up Nov. 13th – 15th

Campus Life

Plymouth Winter Guard

Campus Life

LJH Spell Bowl

• Campus Life

BEAM youth group

Campus Life

Spirit Week Oct. 23-27