LJH Digital Storm

LJH Little Mermaid Play Auditions

• Lincoln Junior High is excited to announce its upcoming auditions for Little Mermaid Jr on February 12 & 13. Open auditions are for any Lincoln Jr High student and will be held from 3:30-5 pm.  Callbacks will be by invite only and will be held at  3:30pm on Wednesday, Feb. 14th.   

You can find additional audition information, including samples of music on the following Canvas page:  

https://pcsc.instructure.com/enroll/LABN9J

The show will run from May 16-18. If you have any questions, or cannot make auditions, but would still like to be considered for the show, please contact Mrs. Brennan.

“Journey “under the sea” with Ariel and her aquatic friends in Disney’s The Little Mermaid JR., adapted from Disney’s Broadway production and the motion picture (featuring the enormously popular Academy Award-winning music and delightfully charming book and lyrics). Based on one of Hans Christian Andersen’s most beloved stories, Disney’s The Little Mermaid JR. is an enchanting look at the sacrifices we all make for love and acceptance.

In a magical underwater kingdom, the beautiful young mermaid, Ariel, longs to leave her ocean home – and her fins – behind and live in the world above. But first, she’ll have to defy her father, King Triton, make a deal with the evil sea witch, Ursula, and convince the handsome Prince Eric that she’s the girl whose enchanting voice he’s been seeking.

Written to flow seamlessly between land and sea, Disney’s The Little Mermaid JR. provides plenty of opportunities to bring these locations to life through creative movement and configurations. The fantasy of being underwater means your entire cast and crew can let their imaginations run wild.”

ALL PARTS AVAILABLE

Ariel

Ariel, the heroine of our story, is a little mermaid who longs to be human. Ariel has some beautiful solos but must be able to convey meaning through gesture once she loses her voice.

Gender: Female

Prince Eric

Prince Eric is the adventurous prince who captures Ariel’s heart.

Gender: Male

Sebastian

Sebastian is the meticulous and anxious crab who tries to keep Ariel safe while getting to lead some of the most memorable songs in the show! Sebastian can be played by a boy or girl.

Gender: Both

Flounder

Flounder is Ariel’s sincere and sensitive best friend who is loyal to the end. This spunky fish also has a show-stopping solo in “She’s in Love.”

Gender: Both

King Triton

KING TRITON rules the sea and is a force to be reckoned with.

Gender: Male

Mersisters

The Mersisters (Aquata, Andrina, Arista, Atina, Adella, Allana) are Ariel’s siblings and full of personality and sass.

Gender: Female

Ursula

Ursula is the manipulative sea witch who tries to overthrow King Triton. She is cunning and devious and will stop at nothing to get what she wants.

Gender: Female

Flotsam & Jetsam

Flotsam and Jetsam are Ursula’s slippery spies. These electric eels are sinister and sneaky. Flotsam and Jetsam can be played by boys or girls.

Gender: Both

Scuttle

Scuttle is the know-it-all seagull who serves as Ariel’s expert on humans. He is funny and off-beat.

Gender: Both

Gulls

The Gulls are Scuttle’s flock of zany “back-up singers” who help explain human stuff to Ariel.

Gender: Both

Grimsby

Grimsby is Prince Eric’s prim and proper valet. He is rigid in personality and constantly trying to guide Prince Eric towards the throne.

Gender: Male

Chef Louis

Chef Louis is the over-the-top head chef in the palace. He is always wild and frenetic.

Gender: Male

Chefs

The Chefs are Chef Louis’s assistants.

Gender: Both

Carlotta

Carlotta is the headmistress in Prince Eric’s palace and Ariel’s greatest human ally.

Gender: Female

Princesses

The six Princesses try everything they can to win the heart of Prince Eric.

Gender: Female

Pilot

The Pilot is the head sailor on Prince Eric’s ship. This nautical expert entertains the sailors with wild tales of the sea.

Gender: Male

Sailors

The Sailors are the crew of Prince Eric’s ship. They are eager for adventure and ready to tackle a storm.

Gender: Both

Seahorse

The Seahorse is the court herald for King Triton.

Gender: Both

Sea Chorus

The Sea Chorus is responsible for creating each world within the show.

Gender: Both