LJH Digital Storm

Principal’s Parent Newsletter- 11.10.18

Note from the Principal

November is the month of Thanksgiving and the time of year to help those in need. We have two community service projects for the next couple of weeks. We will be collecting canned foods to help support the Marshall County Neighborhood Center and we will be collecting $1.00 student donations and $20.00 staff donations to support Shop with a Cop. Our community needs our help and lets show our support for the community by donating to two community efforts to help others.

Every Day students meet in their advisory classes. Students are engaged in community circles each Monday and Friday. These community circles help students have a voice in their education and also are important times for students to make connections with each other, to share social and emotional needs, to make connections with their advisory teacher, and our Storm TV is also broadcast during this time. Our goal for our community circles is to provide students time to share what is on their minds and for our teachers to get to know students better. We believe that building positive relationships are the most important part of setting students up for success here at Lincoln.

During advisory the other 3 days of the week students are engaged in high school level online/blended courses in which they earn high school credit. The 7th grade students are taking the high school class titled Digital Applications and Responsibility and the 8th graders take Preparing for College and Careers. Completion of both courses earn students high school credit therefore it is important that students take them seriously and complete the learning tasks each week. Advisory teachers serve as facilitators of these courses, meaning they are there to help monitor the students progress in the course. The courses are created online by teachers other than students advisory teachers. Again, it is important that students take the courses seriously as they will help set students up for success now and at the high school.

Next week will be our first spirit week of the year. Veteran’s Day will be observed here at Lincoln on Monday with special tributes to our Veteran’s and their sacrifices on Monday morning and on announcements Monday during advisory. Students can show their spirit next week by participating in the dress up days during the week and bringing a canned good in each day they participate. As always we want all students to participate and show their school spirit. The week will end with our first Spirit Assembly on Friday.

The November PTO meeting is Monday November 12th from 6:00 to 7:00.

Have a great weekend!

Mr. Gault

NOW- FOR THE REST OF THE STORY- CLICK HERE.