Principal’s Parent Newsletter- 3.6.20

Principal’s Message

We have just completed our three day elearning week. I appreciate all the help from parents to support their students completing their assignments. Our teachers have been busy reaching out to students and parents of students that have not turned any assignments in during these first three days. It will be important for students to stay focused and to complete work after our spring break. We do not want students to fall behind and we also want them to continue to grow their minds during this elearning time. Please continue to support your students during this elearning.

After Spring Break, we will have elearning through May 1st. We will have elearning on Monday, Wednesday, and Fridays. There will be no school on Tuesday and Thursdays. There are some exceptions to this as the week of March 30th and April 6th are both four day weeks. We will have elearning on Wednesday April 1st and Friday April 3rd. Then again on Monday April 6th and Wednesday April 8th. The schedule for elearning is as follows:

Wednesday April 1st elearning

Friday April 3rd elearning

Monday April 6th elearning

Wednesday April 8th elearning

Monday April 11th through Friday May 1st elearning will be on M-W-F each week.

On the off days between elearning our Lincoln staff will be reaching out to students who have not completed work on the elearning days.

When we return to school there will be some pickup/drop off and parking changes at Lincoln. Construction will start over Spring Break on the infrastructure around our new building. This will result in losing our staff parking lot and playground thus the congestion around the school will increase. Staff will now park at various locations on Gibson, Liberty, and Garro streets. We also request that all students be picked up from door 1 at all times. Student athletes should also be picked up from door 1 rather than other doors on the east or south side of the building. We ask that drivers be extra cautious during this last two months of school. Please see below.

Cancelled events for April include:

• Notre Dame Expanding your Horizons Conference Scheduled for April 18th.
  • Wrestling and Girls Basketball Banquet scheduled for April 1st.

Lastly, we appreciate all Lincoln families and your flexibility during these unprecedented health circumstances in our world. We ask that families and students work to be responsible health citizens by practicing social distancing and staying home as much as possible. We will continue to provide families information regarding our school spring events and schedule as we know more in the coming weeks.

Stay safe,

Mr. Gault

NOW- FOR THE REST OF THE STORY- CLICK HERE.